Oregon pro day 4/2 Penei Sewell | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oregon pro day 4/2 Penei Sewell

You make a good point.
So out of curiosity, who are 5 offensive skill position players you would select- that would have you the most hyped- if they were taken round 2 or later? WR, RB, CB, EDGE type guys.
Round two or later...

If I've gone Defense and a Lineman in round one... then ideally, I'd be be looking for a slot receiver. The two tight end formations with Pitts are off the table and now I'm looking for a smaller quicker guy. Toney and E. Moore would be the guys I would look for as they fell, and I doubt that they both go in the first. Obviously I'm going to jump on some of the flanker types like Bateman or Marshall if they drop into the second, but would prefer the slots, because I believe in the Williams/DVP/Fuller combo more than most do.

By the time we hit round three, I like St Brown a lot... he's very smooth, runs great routes... a poor man's Smith. I'm not high on Atwell (tiny) or R. Moore (always injured) until at least the fifth or so. Shi Smith and Eskridge could both work and I expect them to fall into the third or later.

That's a lot of names, but this is a deep class.

If we've gone Pitts in the first... then I have an entirely different approach. We'd be in 12 personnel so much that our true slot receivers wouldn't see many snaps... we could make do with the Bowden/Perry types of RB/WR combination players. If this happens, I'm not taking a WR before the third round... maybe not then.

Then I am going to use one of my 2nd rounders on a Right Tackle, and try to build the team into a smash-mouth outfit. Bludgeon people with a big running line and tight ends dragging the linebackers down field.

Two completely different ideas, but drafting or not drafting Pitts completely changes my approach.

LOL... naw, he's just too skinny.

I think he'll be overpowered by NFL corners and safeties. I think he'll be a nice WR2.

You still can’t name one single player that came even close to Smith’s production or success in college that this happened to upon entering the NFL yet still believe in this utter nonsense. Unbelievable.

Not only that, you seem to have been absent the past 17 years as the NFL gradually took away the defenses ability to play overly physically or to even play much defense at all.

The way I’ve been thinking is you’ll probably see another Chase, Waddle , Smith and MAYBE Sewell.

Smith won the Heisman trophy. As a receiver. When was the last time we saw that prior to 2020? Do you expect to see it again soon?

He also helped his team win 2 Nat’l titles. With huge plays in both title games.

Maybe Smith‘s talent is a bit more rare than many think.

IMO the Bengals are drafting Chase or Sewell. I think there is a decent chance Atlanta takes Pitts if they decide to stick with Matt Ryan and/or don’t trade down with a QB needy team.

Smith won the Heisman trophy. As a receiver. When was the last time we saw that prior to 2020? Do you expect to see it again soon?

He also helped his team win 2 Nat’l titles. With huge plays in both title games.

Maybe Smith‘s talent is a bit more rare than many think.

Talent is amazing. Size is not. You’ll EASILY see another Smith but he’ll be 6’3”, 220 pounds and actually test.

You still can’t name one single player that came even close to Smith’s production or success in college that this happened to upon entering the NFL yet still believe in this utter nonsense. Unbelievable.

Not only that, you seem to have been absent the past 17 years as the NFL gradually took away the defenses ability to play overly physically or to even play much defense at all.
I will give you one thing.

You are more like your avatar than anyone else on this site.

Perfect choice!

Back
Top Bottom