Oregon pro day 4/2 Penei Sewell | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oregon pro day 4/2 Penei Sewell

Can you imagine if Burrow goes down again and you drafted an offensive player like Chase?
That's the type of stuff that gets entire coaching staffs fired. There's no way you can justify taking Chase and your OL guy later in the 2nd round.
Essentially letting all the top rated ones like Sewell, Slater etc pass you in this draft.

There's no logic to be able to seel taking Chase etc was better than securing that OL for best possible starting 5 and depht in case of an injury at a key position.

Knock on wood lol. Besides who would have they missed out on? Fat jones

I guess it would depend on what else they had done.

If they'd taken... say... Cosmi or Mayfield in the top of the second, and Leatherwood or Little in the top of the third... they would have done very well by Mr. Burrow.

There is no "what else"

It's one thing if Burrow made it through the season and didn't get hurt.

But once he got hurt, due to horrendous protection, and recall he was getting killed every game. Essentially the "what else" came off the table.

There's only ONE correct decision and that' to protect your young QB who's already suffered a gruesome injury.

You protect the franchise at all cost.

Last edited:
There is no "what else"

It's one thing if Burrow made it through the season and didn't get hurt.

But once he got hurt due to horrendous protection and recall he was getting killed every game the "what else" came off the table.

There's only ONE correct decision and that' to protect your young QB who's already suffered a gruesome injury.

You protect the franchise at all cost.
...and I think that two or three new players (drafted in the early rounds) would likely be a better bet for Burrow than one guy drafted at the top of the draft, and then moving on.

Hell, if wasn't for Mike Brown, the Bengals might do something smart and trade down for extra assets, but they NEVER do that.

...and I think that two or three new players (drafted in the early rounds) would likely be a better bet for Burrow than one guy drafted at the top of the draft, and then moving on.

Hell, if wasn't for Mike Brown, the Bengals might do something smart and trade down for extra assets, but they NEVER do that.

I'm shocked, a Dolphins fan, that i assume was here during the Tannehill era, would argue getting a reciever is more important than getting a top-notch pass protector for a young QB.

I'm shocked, a Dolphins fan, that i assume was here during the Tannehill era, would argue getting a reciever is more important than getting a top-notch pass protector for a young QB.
I'm not arguing for NOT getting plenty of linemen, I'm a lineman first guy... what I'm saying is that ONE superior guy with 4 bad ones doesn't help a whole lot.

If I was given a choice of Sewell... or Jenkins AND Humphrey... I'd take the pair of players.

Remember, I argued against taking weapons for Tua last year because I thought it important that we fix the line FIRST... and the Bengals clearly need to fix that line. If it were me running Cincy... I'd trade down and get several players, rather than one.

I'm not arguing for NOT getting plenty of linemen, I'm a lineman first guy... what I'm saying is that ONE superior guy with 4 bad ones doesn't help a whole lot.

If I was given a choice of Sewell... or Jenkins AND Humphrey... I'd take the pair of players.

Remember, I argued against taking weapons for Tua last year because I thought it important that we fix the line FIRST... and the Bengals clearly need to fix that line. If it were me running Cincy... I'd trade down and get several players, rather than one.

I fully agree with trading down, specfically, to be able to acquire more protection for your franchise QB.

Makes sense if you think about it.

Back
Top Bottom