Oregon pro day 4/2 Penei Sewell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oregon pro day 4/2 Penei Sewell

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
There are reports bengals Zac Taylor will be at the oregon pro day. He was also at the Florida pro day as well. I will be posting updates here in this thread as they come. Seems like the Bengals will be making a decision in between Pitts and Sewell. For those that want either player, sewell will have to really be a let down for Bengals to pass on him. Also, the Bengals supposably spoke with Chase multiple times. At pick 6 Miami will have plenty of choices in this deep draft.

Where did you get your insider info that Sewell would have to be a letdown for Bengals to pass on him?

Where did you get your insider info that Sewell would have to be a letdown for Bengals to pass on him?
Its common sense because oline is a huge need and burrows needs protection. . You should know that. You do know who Zac Taylor is right? He spent some time here, worked with Tannehill, and was our offensive coordinator. He happens to know a lot of what a qb needs, and his coaching record will depend on who they draft.

Last edited:
Its common sense because oline is a huge need and burrows needs protection. . You should know that. You do know who Zac Taylor is right? He spent some time here, worked with Tannehill, and was our offensive coordinator. He happens to know a lot of what a qb needs, and his coaching record will depend on who they draft.

How come you don’t add the ‘s’ to the names Zac Taylor or Ryan Tannehill?

Or do you just not know who Joe Burrow is?

I get a mistake here and there. But I’ve not seen you get his name right once yet and I’m truly wondering if you don’t really know it.

Digressing, I sure hope Penei Sewell destroys his pro day and really impresses the Bengals.

Last edited:
Outside of the top 2, the Bengals are the most predictable team in this draft. Unlikely to trade and the pick will either be Sewell/Chase with Pitts as a possibility if he's there. The fact that they would go to any of these guys pro days is completely unsurprising. It would be irresponsible not to. The news would be if they didn't go.

To demonstrate how much opinions and views change, not just individually but also the mainstream, look no further than Penei Sewell.

The moment the Dolphins locked in the #3 pick late in the season, the overwhelming talk was “MIA has to take Sewell”. Lots of folks were convinced that Sewell would be the 1st non-QB off the board. And that no receiver or TE would go top 10, let alone top 5.

But fast forward a couple months and many don‘t even have Sewell in the top 5, let alone to MIA at 6. And many have Pitts and Chase going top 6.

If ATL and CIN pass on Sewell, how far might be drop?
MIA could take him, but the masses seem to believe Pitts, Chase, Smith, or Waddle are more likely at 6.

DET seems likely to go WR after losing Golladay. CAR, DEN and DAL don’t seem like the most likely of destinations at 8, 9 and 10 either.

I’ve read and heard receiver attached to NYG and Philly at 11 and 12 too.

Could Sewell possibly fall all the way down to SD at 13? Is that remotely possible??

I think we all agree that Sewell should be in play for the Bengals. He has the most upside of the OT prospects, and clearly can be a dominant LT. He's already reliable enough to be a huge upgrade for Joe Burrow's blindside protector, and he has huge potential in the run game. But right now I might rate Rashawn Slater even higher as far as instant-impact, so don't be surprised if the Bengals trade back and scoop up one of those OL or WR/TE prospects a tad later and use the extra pick to nab another OL later in the draft as well. At the end of the day there's a LOT of good WR prospects every year and the Bengals have been very good at finding and grooming WR's in the past. Since they let Andrew Whitworth go they've had real OL troubles and now their OL is as bad as the Dolphins OL used to be--so they need multiple OL upgrades immediately.

Burrow is the real deal ... but even before the injury he was taking way too many pressures/hits. Their front office's first order of business needs to be protecting Burrow. That doesn't mean it has to start at #5 overall ... but it is a good place to start. I'm guessing they're going to be seriously entertaining moving back into the 8-16 range to scoop up one of those OT or WR prospects that fall and adding an extra pick to spend on another OL. Given the QB craze that appears to be happening at the top of the draft ... they could easily get multiple decent offers to trade back.

How come you don’t add the ‘s’ to the names Zac Taylor or Ryan Tannehill?

Or do you just not know who Joe Burrow is?

I get a mistake here and there. But I’ve not seen you get his name right once yet and I’m truly wondering if you don’t really know it.

Digressing, I sure hope Penei Sewell destroys his pro day and really impresses the Bengals.

Ok, first time I remember you posting but you remember me. Guess I have a fan 💗.

Last edited:
ATL is the wildcard. They could go wr, te, ol, or even defense. They could also trade the pick. CIN I think takes Sewell, need matches perfectly with BPA for them.

I think we all agree that Sewell should be in play for the Bengals. He has the most upside of the OT prospects, and clearly can be a dominant LT. He's already reliable enough to be a huge upgrade for Joe Burrow's blindside protector, and he has huge potential in the run game. But right now I might rate Rashawn Slater even higher as far as instant-impact, so don't be surprised if the Bengals trade back and scoop up one of those OL or WR/TE prospects a tad later and use the extra pick to nab another OL later in the draft as well. At the end of the day there's a LOT of good WR prospects every year and the Bengals have been very good at finding and grooming WR's in the past. Since they let Andrew Whitworth go they've had real OL troubles and now their OL is as bad as the Dolphins OL used to be--so they need multiple OL upgrades immediately.

Burrow is the real deal ... but even before the injury he was taking way too many pressures/hits. Their front office's first order of business needs to be protecting Burrow. That doesn't mean it has to start at #5 overall ... but it is a good place to start. I'm guessing they're going to be seriously entertaining moving back into the 8-16 range to scoop up one of those OT or WR prospects that fall and adding an extra pick to spend on another OL. Given the QB craze that appears to be happening at the top of the draft ... they could easily get multiple decent offers to trade back.

Thanks digital for the post. Even if Bengals draft Pitts, chase would be on the board.

ATL is the wildcard. They could go wr, te, ol, or even defense. They could also trade the pick. CIN I think takes Sewell, need matches perfectly with BPA for them.

I keep seeing this but their defense is in serious pass rushers. Their pick should be defense. Bengals in the other hand need to give weapons to "Burrows" and protection.

I just don’t get the impression they’re that smart of an organization.

To demonstrate how much opinions and views change, not just individually but also the mainstream, look no further than Penei Sewell.

The moment the Dolphins locked in the #3 pick late in the season, the overwhelming talk was “MIA has to take Sewell”. Lots of folks were convinced that Sewell would be the 1st non-QB off the board. And that no receiver or TE would go top 10, let alone top 5.

But fast forward a couple months and many don‘t even have Sewell in the top 5, let alone to MIA at 6. And many have Pitts and Chase going top 6.

If ATL and CIN pass on Sewell, how far might be drop?
MIA could take him, but the masses seem to believe Pitts, Chase, Smith, or Waddle are more likely at 6.

DET seems likely to go WR after losing Golladay. CAR, DEN and DAL don’t seem like the most likely of destinations at 8, 9 and 10 either.

I’ve read and heard receiver attached to NYG and Philly at 11 and 12 too.

Could Sewell possibly fall all the way down to SD at 13? Is that remotely possible??
I've actually seen him mocked to SD. What an amazing stroke of luck that would be for them.

Back
Top Bottom