Oregon vs Wisconsin | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oregon vs Wisconsin

Nothing that happened tonight will change any minds...

Heck. In the thread that asked what you would do at 1:5 and Tua was off the board due to injury, all of the Tua bunch positively bristled at even considering the question that their hero might be too damaged to be considered. They wouldn't even allow the idea to be presented without getting hostile...

I thought the Ducks won because of their defense! They played great today.

Yes they played well too. I didn't mean that Herbert won it all by himself. But he made some clutch plays and the Ducks are better off with him.

Yes they played well too. I didn't mean that Herbert won it all by himself. But he made some clutch plays and the Ducks are better off with him.

the biggest Wisconsin problem tonight... was Wisconsin themselves. it’s actually amazing with all those mistake/miscues they only lost by a point.

No I hate the phrase, I mean Tebow and Fromm are winners, so were Cardelle Jones and Colt McCoy. Hell Fromm went to a national championship game what’s Herbert done?

Herbert is super athletic with a great arm. He will measure as the top guy, but he is just a grab bag of results. He is great 10 plays and horrible for 2. Can it be coached out and refined I don’t know. Never heard about leadership or football desire. Seeing the guys who succeed I would prefer a player who all he cares about is football.

is that Herbert? Maybe. Glad this choice isn’t up to me
To me it's starts with winning. The kid came back when he could of went high in the draft , his teammates love him as their leader and you saw the last TD drive. It's speaks to his leadership and football desire. It's not always gonna be pretty he kept his cool and got the win. He deserves credit. If it was up to you who would you pick?

I think you misunderstand. I like Burrow and Tua over Herbert. Someone made a comment on Lawrence and Fields. Can we see Herbert with Dobbins or Ettiene in the back field? How about throwing to NFL level WR’s?
This kid has tools but plays in a system that does not utilize him correctly and he has no weapons remotely comparable to the others mentioned.
He is said to have over a 4.0 GPA would like to see him in another system. I mean 17 passes? How do you judge that?
I just didn’t like the comparison to Fields against a much stronger Clemson defense. I just don’t see Hebert being a very good nfl QB. He certainly has the physical tools however his ability to read defenses and staring down receivers is troubling and his accuracy is so erratic. Just my opinion but do not see him successful at the next level.

If Wisconsin loses this game, they can find the reason in the mirror.
They've dominated it... but 4 turnovers... geez.

This outcome was a classic example how the best team doesn’t always win — and why the games are played.

Wisconsin was clearly the better team. Dominated statistically, but 4 turnovers and untimely penalties allowed Oregon to stay in it.

The final turnover was a game changer, but Wisconsin should have built a two score lead before that turnover ever happened but instead settled for 3 and only a 6 point lead. Once that happened, I knew Oregon would end up stealing it somehow.

Justin Herbert was largely mediocre all game. Made a few nice plays with his legs, but was unremarkable otherwise. I’ve never thought the guy was worthy of investing the future of your franchise and his performance today certainly didn’t change my opinion.

Hell, I thought Jack Coan (sans the runs) played better even though he didn’t pile up gaudy stats.

I do find Quintez Cepheus to be an intriguing WR prospect. He doesn’t produce gaudy stats in their offense, but he gets open, seems to have good hands and runs very physically. Could be a nice complimentary WR for someone.

To me it's starts with winning. The kid came back when he could of went high in the draft , his teammates love him as their leader and you saw the last TD drive. It's speaks to his leadership and football desire. It's not always gonna be pretty he kept his cool and got the win. He deserves credit. If it was up to you who would you pick?

Not sure the exact scope of what you are asking but I’ll take a stab.

At QB.. realistic ranking
1. Tua
2. Love/Herbert they are even at this time

At 5...
Tua
Brown
Ohkuda (based off what happens with X)

If no Tua in the draft...trade back and get more assets. Unless they are enamored with Love/Herbert . Sadly means they would be at 5 because you can’t risk them getting behind #5 as the next three teams behind the Fins in draft position need a QB.

Which I think both are overdrafts at that point but neither gets to 10 IMO so couldn’t trade too far back, so if no QB at 5 then no QB this year IMO.

This outcome was a classic example how the best team doesn’t always win — and why the games are played.

Wisconsin was clearly the better team. Dominated statistically, but 4 turnovers and untimely penalties allowed Oregon to stay in it.

The final turnover was a game changer, but Wisconsin should have built a two score lead before that turnover ever happened but instead settled for 3 and only a 6 point lead. Once that happened, I knew Oregon would end up stealing it somehow.

Justin Herbert was largely mediocre all game. Made a few nice plays with his legs, but was unremarkable otherwise. I’ve never thought the guy was worthy of investing the future of your franchise and his performance today certainly didn’t change my opinion.

Hell, I thought Jack Coan (sans the runs) played better even though he didn’t pile up gaudy stats.

I do find Quintez Cepheus to be an intriguing WR prospect. He doesn’t produce gaudy stats in their offense, but he gets open, seems to have good hands and runs very physically. Could be a nice complimentary WR for someone.

I think the knock on Cepheus is that two different women accused him of rape. Not to say that he did it, (he was found not guilty) but it is the thing that gives one pause before making the pick.

I think the knock on Cepheus is that two different women accused him of rape. Not to say that he did it, (he was found not guilty) but it is the thing that gives one pause before making the pick.

Sure, I get it. Clearly fans like us don’t have to make a decision like that. I’m just speaking purely from a talent perspective. The dude is pretty good.

IIRC Tyreke Hill had serious claims against him coming out of college too. It’s a tough decision for any GM and franchise to make.

What a throw by Fromm. Those are the ones Herbert can not make

Has dropped some dimes but missed a few throws too. His footwork is horrid. He throws from a terrible base. Wonder what his throws would look like if he stepped through his throws.

Back
Top Bottom