Oregon vs Wisconsin | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oregon vs Wisconsin

It all depend where these qb go.. none of these qb are going win by them self. All these qb need good supporting cast

Agreed

I’m not excited about any of the QBs that will be available for us. Burrow will 100% be off the board. I’m not even sure about taking a chance on Tua. Kid is a china doll.

It all depend where these qb go.. none of these qb are going win by them self. All these qb need good supporting cast

And that is exactly what the Dolphins need, a spark plug, immediately, at 5! Otherwise, no need to take a QB at 5.

Target Elijah Sindelar in second round. Hopefully he won't climb during the draft process. And get some ferraris in the first round, get CeeDee Lamb, Travis Etienne.

I think you misunderstand. I like Burrow and Tua over Herbert. Someone made a comment on Lawrence and Fields. Can we see Herbert with Dobbins or Ettiene in the back field? How about throwing to NFL level WR’s?
This kid has tools but plays in a system that does not utilize him correctly and he has no weapons remotely comparable to the others mentioned.
He is said to have over a 4.0 GPA would like to see him in another system. I mean 17 passes? How do you judge that?
Over a 4.0 GPA? Is that East Coast average?

Not sure the exact scope of what you are asking but I’ll take a stab.

At QB.. realistic ranking
1. Tua
2. Love/Herbert they are even at this time

At 5...
Tua
Brown
Ohkuda (based off what happens with X)

If no Tua in the draft...trade back and get more assets. Unless they are enamored with Love/Herbert . Sadly means they would be at 5 because you can’t risk them getting behind #5 as the next three teams behind the Fins in draft position need a QB.

Which I think both are overdrafts at that point but neither gets to 10 IMO so couldn’t trade too far back, so if no QB at 5 then no QB this year IMO.
Yes , if your taking a QB it's at 5. And you would select Tua if available? OK. Me I like Tua but I'm not going anywhere near him with the 5th pick for numerous reasons discussed and not discussed on the forum. As for Love? I need my QB focusing not smoking pot. Plus I don't think he's better than Herbert period. So out of the 3 at #5 Herbert is the cleaner prospect. I don't see a reach here because of Los Angeles sitting right underneath at #6. It's going to be interesting.

And that is exactly what the Dolphins need, a spark plug, immediately, at 5! Otherwise, no need to take a QB at 5.

Target Elijah Sindelar in second round. Hopefully he won't climb during the draft process. And get some ferraris in the first round, get CeeDee Lamb, Travis Etienne.

Who? That’s a joke right?

Has 3500 career passing yards, and 23 games played in 4 years and you want to spend a second rounder on him? Numbers aren’t everything but you need production and durability. The kid is also going to be 24 at the start of the season, Rosen will be in his third year and younger than him.

Yes , if your taking a QB it's at 5. And you would select Tua if available? OK. Me I like Tua but I'm not going anywhere near him with the 5th pick for numerous reasons discussed and not discussed on the forum. As for Love? I need my QB focusing not smoking pot. Plus I don't think he's better than Herbert period. So out of the 3 at #5 Herbert is the cleaner prospect. I don't see a reach here because of Los Angeles sitting right underneath at #6. It's going to be interesting.

Interesting you meantion cleaner prospect this whole thing is murky af, but on the 6th things will get a lot more clear. Or maybe far more murky haha.

Who? That’s a joke right?

Has 3500 career passing yards, and 23 games played in 4 years and you want to spend a second rounder on him? Numbers aren’t everything but you need production and durability. The kid is also going to be 24 at the start of the season, Rosen will be in his third year and younger than him.

Hey, that is why he is not a top prospect. He had an injury this year. We need a pro quarterback, not a Micky Mouse Fromm/Tua quarterback. And in later rounds the Dolphins can take some risks, especially on a guy like Sindelar. In the first round you do not take any risks! That's why you do not take Tua and Fromm, at all.
You go for Sindelar, Cole McDonald if he comes out, Anthony Gordon. You take some risks, but the round is right.

Hey, that is why he is not a top prospect. He had an injury this year. We need a pro quarterback, not a Micky Mouse Fromm/Tua quarterback. And in later rounds the Dolphins can take some risks, especially on a guy like Sindelar. In the first round you do not take any risks! That's why you do not take Tua and Fromm, at all.
You go for Sindelar, Cole McDonald if he comes out, Anthony Gordon. You take some risks, but the round is right.

What was the injury? I mean people are all over a Tua for an injury history even before the hip.

23 games in 4 years is either not durable or good if he can’t win the job

What was the injury? I mean people are all over a Tua for an injury history even before the hip.

23 games in 4 years is either not durable or good if he can’t win the job

He had a really good start to the season. It's a knee injury and hamstring, was scheduled to come back this year. Not a big deal. The injury is not a big deal. The big deal is he did not play full senior season, and that is the risk. That's why he is not day 1 ranked. And that is exactly the risk you take in later rounds. A big NFL type who can sling it, and has shown he can perform well.

Herbert only threw 17 passes. But made a couple of clutch throws. He looked athletic as Hell and accounted for 3 TD’s. Fields heaved the ball 46 times and was picked twice. He accounted for 1 TD, Dobbins carried them. I have watched Lawrence many times and he was good but I am not a fan of his throwing mechanics and think overall he is overated. Give me a healthy Tua or Burrow over him any day all day.

Fields completed 65% of his passes for 320 yards. The pick in the end zone was a blown route by Olave. I’m not even going to bother defending Lawrence. The guy is a machine with prototype size and a cannon for an arm who also runs like a deer. Maybe I’d take Burrow over either one but since there’s no such thing as a healthy Tua he’s a distant 4.

My take on Herbert has been... how much difference is there between Eason and Herbert?

If your answer is little or none... then why not focus on the cheaper guy?
That's a fair point. I think Herbert is more athletic, though. Showed that off in this game. I think he falls somewhere between Josh Allen and Carson Wenz as a prospect. Not sure the Oregon system helped him much.

Back
Top Bottom