Organization Playing a Real Life Game of Madden | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Organization Playing a Real Life Game of Madden

Alphamale

Starter
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
So we decided to trade our '18 11th Overall Draft Pick for an undetermined 1st rounder in '20. Certainly, we may squeak out an overall pick higher than 11 (I believe it will be 14 btw), but we've also thrown away 2 years of development on this kid.

Even more, we trade Tunsil, one of the best young Left Tackles (LT) in the game. One of the most important positions, especially when bringing in a new QB.

We gave up a 2nd Round in '19 and 5th in '20 for Rosen. Look I get it - He was a 1st round QB the year before, but if you are getting rid of all talent for draft picks and as noted a top LT, why not just grab someone, anyone that can play quarterback?

To top it all off we give an extension to Grant, a WR with speed and hands of stone. And decide to play Ballage instead of the much more athletic Drake.?

The organization is planning to write this season off to rebuilding. I'm ok with that. What they are not doing is being realistic. This is not Madden. Realistically, we could have the first 5 draft picks in '20 and even if we hit on all 5 players, those picks are not going to lead this team to even a .500 season next season.

The other problem the organization is forgetting how awful player development has been; we haven't been good at this since the 20th Century. Until we can get these players to hit their full potential, they are just players with skills - Devante Parker, Ryan Tannehill, Ronnie Brown, (add who you wish)...

Having a bunch of picks in the draft will make for a fun draft next April, but getting rid of solid building blocks already on the team, not playing your best players and extending contracts to players that could be replaced any day on the waiver wire, is like living in a world of Madden. And although Madden you can come back and win the Super Bowl the following year, here in the real world we will not win 10 games in a season for at least 5 years and that's if everything works out.

Back
Top Bottom