Orlando Pace question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Orlando Pace question

Cecil Collins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With pace signing a 1 year contract, can the Rams tag him as a franchise player next year?

Can you imagine pace playing LT for the fins next year? Damn! I think RW would run for 2,000 yards!

Don't get me wrong, I like wade, but he is no Orlando Pace!

can you guys see this happen?

I think they're going to give Wade Smith a shot at LT. At RT, who knows what will happen.

We need help on our O-Line. I like Ruddy, I like what i see in Mckinney,but Nails, I don't know, i don't think he is our answer at guard. We have absolutley NO depth! I we lose another O-Lineman to injury, i am afraid Rw will be killed before our season is over.

if we got pace next yr we'd have to cut a starter or 2 to get his pricey *** on the team, lol. I'd like to have him but i really doubt we could keep our core and afford to get him without goin over the cap.

Originally posted by FinFan4Life814
if we got pace next yr we'd have to cut a starter or 2 to get his pricey *** on the team, lol. I'd like to have him but i really doubt we could keep our core and afford to get him without goin over the cap.

Well, we're probably going to get rid of Brian Griese next year. Seau and Marion might retire, which would free up some cap space. Unless McKnight has a big year, his contract will be restructured or he'll be traded/released. Arturo Freeman could be gone.

With all these guys in possible limbo, I think we're going to be able to free up some cap space. We don't have any big free-agents next year except for Todd Wade who will probably sign an extension within the month.

Everyone said last year that we were going to be in cap jail after the Ricky trade, and look at our offseason. Seau. Knight. Thompson. Zgonina. Buckley. The list goes on.

I think Seau will be here for 2 years unless we (hopefully) win the SB this year. He may even stay a year after depending how he thinks the team looks.

Originally posted by Gonk

Well, we're probably going to get rid of Brian Griese next year. Seau and Marion might retire, which would free up some cap space. Unless McKnight has a big year, his contract will be restructured or he'll be traded/released. Arturo Freeman could be gone.

With all these guys in possible limbo, I think we're going to be able to free up some cap space. We don't have any big free-agents next year except for Todd Wade who will probably sign an extension within the month.

Everyone said last year that we were going to be in cap jail after the Ricky trade, and look at our offseason. Seau. Knight. Thompson. Zgonina. Buckley. The list goes on.

Isn't it great having players come to Miami to play for less money? How do we manage this? ;)

To the original question, Can the Rams tag Pace again next year? Yes, unless a provision was agreed to between the Rams and Pace that he not be tagged again. I haven't heard anything saying his signing the 1 yr tender was contingent to not being tagged again. Also, in order to sign long term deal and retain the franchise tag for next season, Pace had to sign the 1 yr tender first. If he had just signed a l;ong term deal, Rams would have lost the tag for the length of his contract

Back
Top Bottom