Orlando Shuttle to Dolphin Stadium? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Orlando Shuttle to Dolphin Stadium?

Orlando-FinsFan

Starter
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone knew of a daily shuttle bus from Orlando to Miami. I bought my season tickets and was wanting to save the hassle of driving on Sundays.

If anyone knows of any, please let me know.

Thanks!

:hump:

Do you know how long it takes to get from Orlando to Dolphins stadium? Thinking of taking the family to see mickey and get in a game. Thanks.

Cannonboy said:
Do you know how long it takes to get from Orlando to Dolphins stadium? Thinking of taking the family to see mickey and get in a game. Thanks.

its about a 3 and a half hour drive...

Nasty

Nasty said:
its about a 3 and a half hour drive...

Nasty
That is about right. I have already stayed in Orlando(Disney to be exact) and comuted down to Miami and it took around 3.5 to 4 hours with game day traffic.

i figure on leaving from orlando at 6am sunday morning, since i cant go down saturday nites...from orlando, i figure its only 8-12 times a year, and ive always wanted seasons tickets, so its worth it...

i hear its just basically straight all the way...? i can tell you i drove 22 hours straight more than once during the process of my move from rhode island to orlando, so 9 or 10 hours every sunday to see my dolphins isnt going to kill me!

claytonAndDuper said:
i hear its just basically straight all the way...? i can tell you i drove 22 hours straight more than once during the process of my move from rhode island to orlando, so 9 or 10 hours every sunday to see my dolphins isnt going to kill me!

Ya... just jump on either I-95 or the Turnpike... straight the whole way. if u are out by disney... i would suggest the turnpike since u are already out west... but if you were further east... go 95...

Nasty

im right next to universal. still getting familiar with the area. remodeling a house and working....i dont get out much, figured when the time comes id hit you guys up and check out map quest and what not

I went to a game in 1985 at the Orange Bowl on a shuttle from the Daytona area. It was chartered by a bunch of Dolfans who worked together. I was dating a chick who worked for a travel agency at the time and she was the one who turned me on to the whole thing. If you are not already dating a travel agent you might want to call some local travel agents to see if they are aware of any groups in your area that do something similar, or you might even want to call the bus companies directly to see if they can put you in touch with anybody in your area that charters any of their busses to go to games. You can also post something in the tailgate forum about maybe setting up a carpool. Or check out http://members5.boardhost.com/conch/ to see if anyone in your area is looking for someone to carpool with.

I don't think there's a shuttle, you may have to go GreyHound or by train or something if that is a possibility.

claytonAndDuper said:
im right next to universal. still getting familiar with the area. remodeling a house and working....i dont get out much, figured when the time comes id hit you guys up and check out map quest and what not

You have THREE choices then. The free route, the faster route or a combo of both.

If you take the Turnpike all the way it will cost around 20 bucks to get to Miami but you can do it in as short a time as 2.5 hours. You would have to drive about 80-85 mph to get that done. If you drive around the speed limit 3.5 hours can easily be done, short of rain or accidents on the highway.

The free choice is to grab highway 27 which is about 15 miles west of Universal via I-4. On 27 however you will get a stop light every 15 miles or so and there are a ton of 18 wheelers that use that highway.

The 3rd choice is to take the Turnpike about 117 miles south from the I-4 entrance and then get off of the Turnpike at the Fort Pierce (SR70) exit #152 and head east about 1/4 a mile once you exit and then grab I-95 South to Miami. It will cost you about 10 bucks to do this. This is the route I take because I usually have business in the east side of Miami which is where the stadium is as well. If you have to travel to the west end of Miami it is best to either take the Turnpike all the way or to grab 27. If you are going to get to where you are going before 8 AM on the weekend I recomend highway 27. It is a safe road up until about 9 AM or so. It's a great road to drive from around 8 PM to 8 AM. And if you plan to get to the stadium before 8 AM you can make that drive in around 3 hours on HW 27.

I have season tix and the drive SUX!! Especailly after a loss. Coming from tampa I did see a shuttle bus one time at a gas station of a bunch of fins fans, but i didnt get the name of the bus (short term memory lapse). I do remember he said something about "out of macdill", but all my online queries come back with nothing.....so if anyone has tampa shuttle info please IM me.... thanks

I used to go to a sports bar last year in Orlando to watch the games.. Devaney's on University Drive.. I believe they took certain bus trips down to Dolphin games occasionally.. I know they went to the Rams game, and I think they went to the MNF game as well... Im not sure how much the bus trip costed though.

Back
Top Bottom