Oronde Gadsden | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oronde Gadsden

He also holds the record for the stupidest celebration in the history of Pro Sports.

Do you remember it?

50 seconds to go in the first half....Marino to Gadsden...Touchdown...Gadsden gets up and does the OG signal and did a pose for about 15 seconds in the OG pose....The score at the time? Jaguars 38 Dolphins 7

Schleprock said:
I don't think OG is the best, and part of his downfall was his own...

Perhaps you should enlighten us on Ricky and the draft with more of your BS threads from your "insider" in the Dolphins organization :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Funny we haven't seen many of those in a while, perhaps your "insider" got his arse canned or severly demoted...

Hey...when are you getting banned? Again?

Section126 said:
He also holds the record for the stupidest celebration in the history of Pro Sports.

Do you remember it?

50 seconds to go in the first half....Marino to Gadsden...Touchdown...Gadsden gets up and does the OG signal and did a pose for about 15 seconds in the OG pose....The score at the time? Jaguars 38 Dolphins 7

b!tch, b!tch, b!tch....OG was a good receiver he doesnt need your crap

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
b!tch, b!tch, b!tch....OG was a good receiver he doesnt need your crap

NO...but he does need the quarter I toss him when he is panhandling in downtown Miami.

lazlo73 said:
I'm not knocking the guy, because I did marvel at some of the catches he has made, but the reason he made some of those great catches were due to the size of his hands and not so much talent. The man has hands like a bunch of bananas!

To be fair, couldn't we make the same assesment about other players? We could say "The reason he caught so many balls was because he's 6'10 or he runs a 4.00 40. The bottom line, Oronde was brought in to be a camp body and ended up having a decent career. He did more with less talent than so many more talented receivers did.

phinfan2003 said:
To be fair, couldn't we make the same assesment about other players? We could say "The reason he caught so many balls was because he's 6'10 or he runs a 4.00 40. The bottom line, Oronde was brought in to be a camp body and ended up having a decent career. He did more with less talent than so many more talented receivers did.

Show me the the 6'10" player or the one that runs a flat 4 and I will agree with you. OG played for 6 years and managed only 227 catches. Which averages to about 38 receptions a year. Do you actually consider that decent?

Section126 said:
NO...but he does need the quarter I toss him when he is panhandling in downtown Miami.

righttttt, I'm sure that he has more money than both of us combined. i don't know why u would give him your $

Gadsen was a reliable clutch reciever who did us good but injury and trouble with the law(DUI was it?) did him in. I heard he was an a**hole in real life, too.

lazlo73 said:
Show me the the 6'10" player or the one that runs a flat 4 and I will agree with you. OG played for 6 years and managed only 227 catches. Which averages to about 38 receptions a year. Do you actually consider that decent?

It was an exageration. Obviously no player has those attributes but we can say the same thing about anyone who plays well. Bottom line, if you don't think Gadsden was the best receiver on our team while he was here (even though that's not saying all that much) you're smoking something. The guy was never expected to be here and wouldn't have been here if we didn't have injuries to our WR. He managed to stay and play for 6 years that's pretty good in my book. There are so many other players who had more talent and were more touted than Gadsden that didn't even get 38 receptions in their career. IMO, he was definitely an overachiever who made some big plays for us. Is he going to the HOF? No way! Ring of Honor? Hardly! But he still played well for us. Can you agree with that?

Section126 said:

Why all your hate towards OG? Did he steal your girl or something?

Oh come back now with one of your stupid..."Breaking News Stories" :lol:

Go Fins!!!

Section126 said:

Do you remember it?

I think you'd have to give that one to our newest QB and the infamous head-butt incident.

phinfan2003 said:
It was an exageration. Obviously no player has those attributes but we can say the same thing about anyone who plays well. Bottom line, if you don't think Gadsden was the best receiver on our team while he was here (even though that's not saying all that much) you're smoking something. The guy was never expected to be here and wouldn't have been here if we didn't have injuries to our WR. He managed to stay and play for 6 years that's pretty good in my book. There are so many other players who had more talent and were more touted than Gadsden that didn't even get 38 receptions in their career. IMO, he was definitely an overachiever who made some big plays for us. Is he going to the HOF? No way! Ring of Honor? Hardly! But he still played well for us. Can you agree with that?

Yeah I can agree with that, and I was not disputing that he played well. I didn't say I disliked him. The fact is that you disputed that his hands were not a factor in his sucess. He had limited tools for a WR, and all I stated was his large hands led to most of his success.

I enjoyed watching Gadsden play, and some of his one-handed catches were absolutely incredible. He didn't have a lot of production overall, but was great in the clutch and a real threat in the endzone.

Section126 said:
If you want to see him....I think he works as a bag boy at the Weston Publix.

A straight jack#$$...Oronde was a very decent receiver especially looking at the route he took to get to Miami...small high school, small college, Arena league. He contibuted in Miami.

Section126 said:
If you want to see him....I think he works as a bag boy at the Weston Publix.
Curious, why such hatred towards Gadsden????:confused:

Back
Top Bottom