Oronde Gadsden | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oronde Gadsden

Section126 said:
Really?......The last time I talked to him by the Miami Arena, he was selling his shares of the morray's for some wine money.

clear.gif

Orande Gadsden taking some time to rest after a hectic day.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

So very true i wish he could have stayed longer and would loved to have seen him w/ cambers longer than 1 ans 1/2 seasons.

I think he could have done great things w/ a better qb than fiedler and thier is no need to trash a guy who played profootball for 6 years and 1 year in arena leage.

remember when gadsden made that touchdown catch in that horrendous divisional game against the jags...i know ill never forget that game, probably the worst tackling and worst performance by marino ive ever seen...and it was after that oh so sweet victory in seattle

Section126 said:
Really?......The last time I talked to him by the Miami Arena, he was selling his shares of the morray's for some wine money.

clear.gif

Orande Gadsden taking some time to rest after a hectic day.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:hahahaha, sry i liked the guy when he played here but thats hillarious

he bagged my groceries just last week.....idiot gave me paper instead of plastic.....lol

FLACRW said:
he bagged my groceries just last week.....idiot gave me paper instead of plastic.....lol

He offered to take my bags out for me, then he stubbed his toe. He refused to take my bags out unless I gave him 5 bucks. I refused so he quit.

FLACRW said:

now now, he was baggin my groceries one day, and i put a bottle of soda on the counter, then the cashier turned the conveyer belt on, and what do ya know, the bottle goes on it side and is falling off the counter all types of fast, when outa nowhere, orande reaches for it and grabs it with one hand, quite possibly the greatest catch ever, bravo orande, keep up the good work

njFinsForever said:
remember when gadsden made that touchdown catch in that horrendous divisional game against the jags...i know ill never forget that game, probably the worst tackling and worst performance by marino ive ever seen...and it was after that oh so sweet victory in seattle

just watched that tape--brings back good memories--showed what a competitor marino really was--Also showed in the next game against Jax why he gave up--just such a shame after watching his whole career such a sad end to it

ps I liked Gasden- i thought for a player of lesser talent he used his tools well--big and tough as well

OG was serviceable but not great. He was the best receiver we had at the time and that and the fact he was Dan's only real target toward the end of his career could be why some people remember him so fondly. He was never great. He made some good catches but they were few and far between.

You're entitled to like who you want. Other people are also entitled to thier opinions. Expect you'll take some heat posting on players that aren't legends.

My personal opinion was that he came along at a good time for us, and, was a very good contributor for as long as he could be. He did have great hands, but, c'mon. Top 5? That's a list with Chris Cater, Lynn Swann, Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, Paul Warfield, The Marks Bros, Irving Fryar....And those are just the ones off the top of my head.

I loved Orande, and, McDuffie too, but, to look past thier physical limitations is to fool yourself about thier value.

That said, I don't think there is any reason for people to flame Gasden.

BTW: "He just had to make those catches becasue of who was throwing to him." is one of the most obtuse statments ever. He didn't HAVE to make the catches, he DID make the catches, and, there were alot of great ones, so, get off him already.

I liked OG a lot, however him and his agent had one of the biggest failures I've ever seen. If they had just signed Miami's original deal he would have no money issues (If he really has any). Nobody should ever have that agent.

A lot of people have favorite receivers whose primary ability was simply catching really tough throws. Some of mine are Hassan Jones, Webster Slaughter and Henry Ellard. Rice too, except for the "primary ability" part... that guy is 10's across the board.

Back
Top Bottom