Orrin Thompson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Orrin Thompson

BocaHighQB

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The DT from Duke that the 'Phins signed, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about him I know one thing, he is 6-6 315, WOW. Anyone have info?

To say the least he's tall. He's a project for 3-4 DE. He needs to get much stronger. He's not a NT though IMO. Way too tall, too weak.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Miami plays a 4-3

:shakeno: Hmmm let's see we just drafted Matt Roth who's a hybrid OLB/DE. Crowder is the biggest LB we've drafted in the last 10 years. Vickerson is a DE/DT tweener...

Saban says we're playing some 3-4 this year, although not often. What else do you want? We are eventually going to be a 3-4, or atleast play it quite often...

Orrin is a raw talent, considered still a work in progress. He was a prep basketball player who entered Duke weighing 218 lbs and grew into his current size through diligent weight room work. He was only a full time starter as a senior and some scouts feel he may be better suited to play on the OL.

Jaj said:
To say the least he's tall. He's a project for 3-4 DE. He needs to get much stronger. He's not a NT though IMO. Way too tall, too weak.
He's not weak. He did 24 reps at 225 lbs, which for a long armed guy like him is pretty good. He could play DT in the 4-3 or end in the 3-4. Possibly left end in the 4-3 too. He just needs technique development and refinement.

Jaj said:
:shakeno: Hmmm let's see we just drafted Matt Roth who's a hybrid OLB/DE. Crowder is the biggest LB we've drafted in the last 10 years. Vickerson is a DE/DT tweener...

Saban says we're playing some 3-4 this year, although not often. What else do you want? We are eventually going to be a 3-4, or atleast play it quite often...

You can have big linebackers in a 4-3, especially if you play in Saban's defense.

Plus the fact that Matt Roth did play a defensive end in the 4-3 and he is built like a 4-3 defensive end as well.

We are eventually going to go 4-3 with some 3-4 and other different looks. Still is going to be a base 4-3.

MrClean said:
He's not weak. He did 24 reps at 225 lbs, which for a long armed guy like him is pretty good. He could play DT in the 4-3 or end in the 3-4. Possibly left end in the 4-3 too. He just needs technique development and refinement.

Even for a long armed guy that's lacking. He needs weight room development, technique development, and good play design to succeed in the NFL. Isn't that what I just said that we're going to play some 3-4 this year :confused:

Tremendous size 6-6/320, the strongest player on the team, with a combined lift of 1.185 pounds. Bench: 400, Squat: 475, Power clean: 310, time 5.25/40. Born in 1982.

Those numbers aren't that incredible for a 315 pound DT.

No I'm just saying that definitely is something he needs to work on.

Back
Top Bottom