Orton services likely to cause a bidding war for picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Orton services likely to cause a bidding war for picks

Built2Win

Active Roster
Reaction score
Orton right now is the hottest garbage around
love em or hate him
his touchdown to interception percentage
will drive up his costs.

The real knock on Orton
is when the games really matter he disappears
Still not often you can get a qb for the last 2 years
with a 2 to 1 touchdown interception %

The fins reportedly offered a 3rd already
i see at least 3 other teams
who maybe willing to offer a 3rd as well
the cost may go up to a second now if you are the fins
giving up a second for another quarterback is near blasphemy!

I think sparano and ireland made up their mind a long time ago
Orton is the guy they want
as he is a good care taker and wont make a lot of mistakes
its just the type of football sparano likes
a qb who will not blow the game for you
or blow the other team away for that matter..:crazy:

No more 2nd rd picks for QBs. If that's what Denver wants, I stick with Henne and pick-up Vince Young to back him up.

this is a poor post in every sense of the word there arent enough teams who need and want orton to drive up a bidding war the only teams likely are us and the cardinals but everyone believes kolb is going to arizona, and if he does there is only one place and that is us and he is worth a 3rd rounder allthough we could get him for less once the pieces fall into place

Miami needs to be prepared to trade their top 3 picks next year, and the 2013 first and players on the team if need be to move up for a QB . . . keep your picks Miami. Don't do it for Kyle Orton.

They also need defensive help - a 4th and Merling would be optimal but a 3rd a Merling still keeps us in the Franchise QB derby next draft. It's doable. Anything higher than that and I'll be totally pizzed, especially since it means we're acquiring a competent QB with a proven limited ceiling for a higher price than we could have had Mallett and his sky's the limit potential.

They also need defensive help - a 4th and Merling would be optimal but a 3rd a Merling still keeps us in the Franchise QB derby next draft. It's doable. Anything higher than that and I'll be totally pizzed, especially since it means we're acquiring a competent QB with a proven limited ceiling for a higher price than we could have had Mallett and his sky's the limit potential.

We could have drafted Mallet, and he could flop and it would still be a better decision than knowingly getting a guy who has a limited ceiling. Plus Mallet wouldn't have cost us picks to mess up our chance at a franchise QB in the 2012 draft. I think we need to keep that 3rd round pick in 2012.

why do we need picks all we gonna do is pick offensive line and slow Explosive rbs.. Surprised we didn't draft kickers for the fist pump field goals -_-

why do we need picks all we gonna do is pick offensive line and slow Explosive rbs.. Surprised we didn't draft kickers for the fist pump field goals -_-

Do you really think this regime is kept with another 7-9 record . . . i don't.

Do you really think this regime is kept with another 7-9 record . . . i don't.

I think this regime could survive another 7 - 9 season
after all most thought they would have been gone by now.

i think Ross hitched his wagon to these guys for the long term
after his embarrassing flight over cali.
Ross learned the difficulty of getting a new coach..

The sacrifical lamb will be giving up again
should the dolphins lose again ala henning..
this time it would be henne maybe duball

Sparano is the matrix and is bullet proof..

According to this article in the Denver Post, his $9 million salary is scaring off potential suitors "Because he's considered a serviceable starter but not a franchise QB" If we did offer a 3rd I'd be upset. Henne may never be an elite QB but I think there is a good chance he can play at Orton's level by mid season so why waste picks.

http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_18556271

I think this regime could survive another 7 - 9 season
after all most thought they would have been gone by now.

i think Ross hitched his wagon to these guys for the long term
after his embarrassing flight over cali.
Ross learned the difficulty of getting a new coach..

The sacrifical lamb will be giving up again
should the dolphins lose again ala henning..
this time it would be henne maybe duball

Sparano is the matrix and is bullet proof..

I don't agree and that flight to Cali is more than enough reason for me to think that way. If anything, I think Ross is looking for justification for his flight . . . . and that extension was just to calm down some of the public embarrassement. Sparano is far from bulletproof and could easily be dumped midseason . . . which is why I'm worried they would gamble with future picks.

Hell they have the perfect interim head coach on staff already in Mike Nolan . . . Sparano is definitely not bulletproof . . . trust me when I say that.

According to this article in the Denver Post, his $9 million salary is scaring off potential suitors "Because he's considered a serviceable starter but not a franchise QB" If we did offer a 3rd I'd be upset. Henne may never be an elite QB but I think there is a good chance he can play at Orton's level by mid season so why waste picks.

http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_18556271

That fact could mean Orton could hold up any deal, if he doesn't want to negotiate a new contract that is substantially less .... i.e. pay for play.

But if Orton gets cut Sat. (doubtful), then he'd have to negotiate a new contract.

Bidding war my ***. Only two teams are even interested in him, and that's us and the Cardinals.

Back
Top Bottom