O'Shea Fired | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O'Shea Fired

Dolphins offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea was let go, and I’m told that part of it was Brian Flores’s desire to move away from his Patriot roots on that side of the ball. Why does that make sense? My theory is that since Miami’s going to be really young the next couple years, running a scheme with the complexity of New England’s might be tough on the players developmentally. Which is why it wouldn’t surprise me if we see some more college ideas infused into what Miami is doing.
Not buying the "Theory" here. The Dolphins are running a version of the Patriots Offense ? Correct ? If so , that offense is designed to be easier to learn than traditional offense's. The verbiage is simplified which aids in the QB and offensive players development . This notion that the Patriots scheme is so complex that it would hinder development is nonsense at best.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is claiming that O'Shea made the trade or is accountable for it, but if stories are correct that he was a big fan of Rosen and the trade was made partly on his advice, as well as him advocating for Rosen during the season and Grier/Flores not agreeing, then that may explain why the HC and perhaps the GM have taken a dim view of O'Shea.

Of course Grier is accountable for the trade, it goes against him, but any leader will take advice and considerations from their team. If Grier and/or Flores (and it's unclear which one is driving this) have lost faith in O'Shea as a result then it may feed into the decision to replace him.

Im not a Rosen hater, in fact I am rooting for him because it eliminates an immediate need. But if he’s not the guy then he’s not the guy.
Im also not a Grier hater because we really haven’t seen him steer the ship by himself yet.

But, if he took the advice of our OC without being sold on Rosen himself and now Chad was fired because of it.....then Grier needs to go also.

However, I don’t believe this scenario, I think this narrative was manufactured by a few hater posters here.

My guess is that it is Flores and O Shea not on the same page for something like Rosen's development or some other behind the scenes vision thing. Considering the talent limitations, I was pleased with the play calling and level of aggressiveness on offense.

Or, as others have pointed out, someone in the wings that Flores prefers

Another possibility. Flo is a D guy. If he found himself being able to guess O'Shea's plays (e.g., run on 1D), he knew the OC was a weakness. But, that's speculation

Back
Top Bottom