OT: Drakes conditional 5? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OT: Drakes conditional 5?

You are such a troll. Who really is an nfl team you root for. It's not the fins. Be real stop trolling. Who really is your team. I've been around a loong time and would truly like to know. Or are you just the ultimate troll who will say they are the "real" fins fan without spending one real some on them? Prove me wrong!!!

Not that I have to explain myself to the likes of you but I go back as a fan to 1978-earlier if you count me just liking Mercury Morris

Troll?

I have watched this trainwreck of a year and seen most of our talent shipped out for draft picks who we then have to depend on real iffy people to replace then will have to also attempt to rebuild
For every positive I see in Flores coaching, I see stupidity in personnel choices over this season specifically in this case I see him choosing dreck over a pretty good young playmaking back we had who was a big contributor before this newest guru took over
So at times yes ...as a 40+ year fan (you been around that long Scotty?)... I get pissed off at stupidity when I see it

It seems to myself, the casual observer and devils advocate, you might also be focusing on the wrong mission, or misunderstand what they’re doing :-)

All the personnel moves have been great. Keeping Drake gets you -> ? What? 2 years of a stretch long striding receiving back stuck behind a mediocre line unable to produce? What’s the point of that?

I’d rather get all the capital I can.

“Complete rebuild” - Why is that phrase so hard fo comprehend with some of our outspoken fans?

It seems to myself, the casual observer and devils advocate, you might also be focusing on the wrong mission, or misunderstand what they’re doing :)

All the personnel moves have been great. Keeping Drake gets you -> ? What? 2 years of a stretch long striding receiving back stuck behind a mediocre line unable to produce? What’s the point of that?

I’d rather get all the capital I can.

“Complete rebuild” - Why is that phrase so hard fo comprehend with some of our outspoken fans?

A complete rebuild does not have to mean strip every ounce of talent there is just because especially when I can argue having a few players you can build around allows your draft capital to have more value

Drake had proven he could produce since he has been here
As for him not getting the playing time? Well you must have faith in the decision making of Gase and the guy who thought Ballage was a starter

Boggles my mind people here dismiss the big games Drake has had and think that is so easily replaced especially with seeing this years dreck

A complete rebuild does not have to mean strip every ounce of talent there is just because especially when I can argue having a few players you can build around allows your draft capital to have more value

Drake had proven he could produce since he has been here
As for him not getting the playing time? Well you must have faith in the decision making of Gase and the guy who thought Ballage was a starter

Boggles my mind people here dismiss the big games Drake has had and think that is so easily replaced especially with seeing this years dreck

Pointing back to confusion, I believe you misread my post :) First - Who said anything about his "lack of playing time"? What is this in response to? Certainly not my post.

Secondly - what had he proven he can produce in Miami? His numbers were erratic at the very best. He had a couple of big plays, but again, he is not the type of runner where we can capitalize. He was a different draft from a different regime with a different goal.

And thirdly - I flat out disagree. That's exactly what the rebuild is. Its you taking value you currently have - in a time period known as your reconstructive period - and you exchange it for future value. Drake has no value to us right now as a player - him ripping off a 20 yard run every 10th carry doesn't help the goal of this team. By the time we're ready for a complimentary back such as him - even in the most advanced timelines even - is 2 years. 2 years from now, and about 11 million bucks. On a complimentary running back.

My take on Drake is that he was VERY incomplete. He was miserably as a pass blocker,( unacceptable in this regime) and had a tendency to drop the ball too much. (ditto) On a more complete team you can hide those weaknesses and use him as more of a situational back instead of a 3 down back, which he was not ideally suited. If you add to the fact that by the time we (in theory) have a more complete roster, he would be a FA wanting a bigger pay day you may be better to get what you can for him now. I would have liked to see a higher pick, but that just me, I liked him and he won a few games for us.

Drake is better than any 5/6th round RB on this draft and it's not close. He's likely better than almost all of them. But really, I'm glad for him he's out of here and playing an important role on a team that should get better. Unfortunately they're in the toughest division in football, bar none.

Pointing back to confusion, I believe you misread my post :) First - Who said anything about his "lack of playing time"? What is this in response to? Certainly not my post.

Secondly - what had he proven he can produce in Miami? His numbers were erratic at the very best. He had a couple of big plays, but again, he is not the type of runner where we can capitalize. He was a different draft from a different regime with a different goal.

And thirdly - I flat out disagree. That's exactly what the rebuild is. Its you taking value you currently have - in a time period known as your reconstructive period - and you exchange it for future value. Drake has no value to us right now as a player - him ripping off a 20 yard run every 10th carry doesn't help the goal of this team. By the time we're ready for a complimentary back such as him - even in the most advanced timelines even - is 2 years. 2 years from now, and about 11 million bucks. On a complimentary running back.

And I flat out disagree with you and only will say Drake was a legit weapon that we have like 1 of
You now need to acquire a starter, and a playmaking complimentary back...IMO

I'm assuming Drake was one of the players that wasn't buying in to the rebuild. It would have been easy to try and sign him to a team friendly deal in the offseason, because he hadn't proved to be worth a large contract. I'm assuming they got word that he wouldn't be re-signing in Miami, so they dealt him. It's tough seeing him go over there and take David Johnson's job, but it's better than getting nothing in the off-season.

I think it works like that in reality as well.
Not always. It depends on who you take with the pick. Just like all draft choices. There have been guys picked in the 6th round who have gone on to have great careers while many players picked in the 5th round have gone on to fail.

It is just you have a larger pool of players to pick from in the 5th than you do the 6th. So yes in that way a 5th rounder is more valuable than a 6th rounder but that doesn't mean a damn thing if the player you pick in the 5th is a lazy bum with no desire while a guy another team picks in the 6th has enough talent along with a serious work ethic and desire to succeed in the NFL.

I'm assuming Drake was one of the players that wasn't buying in to the rebuild. It would have been easy to try and sign him to a team friendly deal in the offseason, because he hadn't proved to be worth a large contract. I'm assuming they got word that he wouldn't be re-signing in Miami, so they dealt him. It's tough seeing him go over there and take David Johnson's job, but it's better than getting nothing in the off-season.

If I remember correctly, there was a report that they reached out to him for contract extension talks and he wasn't interested.

Similar situation to Minkah -- Drake just isn't a ****.

If I remember correctly, there was a report that they reached out to him for contract extension talks and he wasn't interested.

Similar situation to Minkah -- Drake just isn't a ****.
To many fail to see points like this, you get what you can for players while you can. Not everybody is going to fit into Flores system. But if you look into most of the ones bitching Minkah are the same Tua or bust advocates. Thinking Bama fans, but I digress Drake wasn't giving us a hometown discount.

He’s excelling in this Arizona system but watch him have to execute a blitz pickup and watch any QB not named Murray throw a pick or get sacked

I liked KD. He got his chance to be an every down back, he just wasn't that guy.

He's a talented situational tailback. He's not a featured back. Certainly not worth signing to an extension at this point in our rebuild. If I could start the clock over on his rookie deal I'd be interested in 4 more years. $8-9 Million per, LOL, give me the draft pick.

His fumble against Dallas was brutal.

I'll take my chances with two new rookie RB's.

Edwards-Helaire looks like a professional RB.

Back
Top Bottom