Ota Tweets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ota Tweets

It's really hard to put much stock into anything that goes on in these glorified photo shoots, but it sounds like Tannehill's picking up right where he left off on those deep passes. That's great.

I know how the narrative on him early in his career was that he was a bad deep ball thrower, but the truth is that he is anything but that. Our offense sorely missed him last season in that capacity more than any, I think.

It's really hard to put much stock into anything that goes on in these glorified photo shoots, but it sounds like Tannehill's picking up right where he left off on those deep passes. That's great.

I know how the narrative on him early in his career was that he was a bad deep ball thrower, but the truth is that he is anything but that. Our offense sorely missed him last season in that capacity more than any, I think.

He was a league leader is passes traveling over 20 yards in the air in 2016 before he went down!

Glad to see another good offense day, but for some reason I get the feeling the D called the dogs off a bit. Maybe not going 100% in attempt to avoid a needless injury on the final day of OTA's.

Crazy looking back how many favors the overpaid Mike Wallace did not do for tannehill lol

We're off topic, but I 100% still believe Mike Wallace legit needs LASIK.

It's true that Tannehill took criticism to heart and improved his downfield passing accuracy, but Wallace has also struggled in that area in Minnesota and now Baltimore. He's used a lot on short and intermediate routes there, rather than long bombs. He struggles to adjust to the football in flight and I absolutely think it's a vision-related issue.

On the subject of our current receivers, I like Albert Wilson a lot, but it sounds so far like he might not be getting a ton of looks until Danny Amendola's seemingly inevitable injury four games into the season. Amendola's my favorite right now to lead the team in receptions and yards if he plays 16 games. I think that will wind up being the best value free agent contract in the NFL if he keeps himself upright.

DeVante Parker is interesting because we heard the same thing last season after the off-season and the first few days of training camp. Tannehill and Parker seemed to be developing great chemistry and people around the team were like "Oh man, DeVante's finally about to explode!" and then, well, the rest is history. I want to believe.

Agreed. Shorts or not, timing is still timing. Hitting a receiver in stride is still a skill.

Back
Top Bottom