Ota Tweets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ota Tweets

The question we have to ask about David Fales is whether he's legitimately good enough to be the primary backup and to perform well should Tannehill get hurt, or whether he's being manufactured a bit by the presence of Jakeem Grant.

Look most of the good work Fales did in preseason and regular season, it was highly influenced by Jakeem Grant making plays. And now this spring, as David Fales is dusting Brock Osweiler in the "competition" for the backup job, Adam Gase notes that Fales and Grant have hooked up on FIVE deep touchdown bombs this spring...and that quite frankly when they get into training camp he wants to make sure Tannehill gets the chance to work with Jakeem and Albert Wilson.

Recall that the only good game Brandon Doughty basically ever had was that Giants preseason game when Jakeem Grant went off for him.

Maybe it doesn't matter, so long as Jakeem Grant is present when/if the Dolphins need to have Fales come into a game.

We're going to have to look at his game vs. Buffalo to help make that determination.

But, honestly, considering how the majority of back-ups look in this league I'd rather go with Fales instead of Osweiler.

He looked like ‘trash’ really Omar, that might have been a little overstated- but whatever- I pay no more attention to his opinions now.
I do think Tannehill didn't move well in the pocket his first couple of years. And he didn't reset his feet right for the throw. His movement greatly improved over the years but he has never looked smooth doing it. Maybe that's what Omar sees now?

I do think Tannehill didn't move well in the pocket his first couple of years. And he didn't reset his feet right for the throw. His movement greatly improved over the years but he has never looked smooth doing it. Maybe that's what Omar sees now?

I think it's pretty obvious Omar has a hard time being Objective in his reporting when it comes to this team. Clearly, there's been some personal history between him and the team, players, and players wives.

I think it's pretty obvious Omar has a hard time being Objective in his reporting when it comes to this team. Clearly, there's been some personal history between him and the team, players, and players wives.
I think he is looking for a reason to insert himself into the Landry comments circus. Tannehill performed well, so calling his past footwork trash is his poor attempt to lure up some Tannehill clicks. There will be plenty that take it hook, line and sinker.

I think he is looking for a reason to insert himself into the Landry comments circus. Tannehill performed well, so calling his past footwork trash is his poor attempt to lure up some Tannehill clicks. There will be plenty that take it hook, line and sinker.

If it wasn't for the people on this forum that mentioned his name I wouldn't pay attention to anything Omar.

Either way, glad to hear the offense is clicking. They better be considering no pads on.

Last edited:
We're going to have to look at his game vs. Buffalo to help make that determination.

But, honestly, considering how the majority of back-ups look in this league I'd rather go with Fales instead of Osweiler.

If I'm not going to have confidence in the guy either way, give me the cheaper option.

It's not a normal distribution of talent though.

I get that to a degree, but some seem to think either you're elite, on the verge of elite or trash and dismiss the vasttalent levels between being trash or on the verge of elite.

He looked like ‘trash’ really Omar, that might have been a little overstated- but whatever- I pay no more attention to his opinions now.

He did look pretty bad at times in prior years with pocket prescence. The safetys, the brutal hits he never saw coming. I like tannehill but he was severely lacking for a time in this dept, be it from shellshock or otherwise.

He did look pretty bad at times in prior years with pocket prescence. The safetys, the brutal hits he never saw coming. I like tannehill but he was severely lacking for a time in this dept, be it from shellshock or otherwise.

In fairness, it's been kinda tough to evaluate his pocket presence thus far. Our oline was atrocious for most of his time under center. I thought his pocket movement looked pretty good his last season, when our line was playing well. That instant pressure we were giving up, right up the middle is tough to escape, no matter how good, or quick you are .

Heh. I found his post quite humorous. Then again, Ron Swanson does have that effect.

It’s been so difficult to evaluate THill since he’s been with us. The Oline has been complete garbage. Just watch a NE game and see how much time Brady has compared to THill. I would love to see what THill could do with that much time in the pocket. Oline makes everything tick and I pray we have finally solved this issue because if not we are ****ed as we’ve been which seems like forever. Please Dolphin Gods help us!

Back
Top Bottom