Other FA's who could affect what we do in draft... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Other FA's who could affect what we do in draft...

alienalias

Practice Squad
Reaction score
DL's
Dwight Freeney, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
'Nuf said
Jared Allen, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs
The Chiefs will do everything in their power to keep him, but teams on the outside looking in could see Allen as a free agent must. He’s young, plays with a big motor, and puts pressure on the quarterback often, evidenced by his 7 forced fumbles last season.
Terdell Sands UFA Oakland Raiders Standing 6’7” and weighing 335 pounds, Sands is enormous, and difficult to take out of a play.
Justin Smith, UFA, Bengals The Bengals 2001 first round pick, Smith has shown improvement over time and become a significant threat to the opposition’s quarterback. Smith is a big and quick pass-rusher, and he will command a good deal of attention on the market.

LB's
Lance Briggs, UFA, Chicago Bears
May be the most sought after linebacker in this free agent class, and the Bears will have difficulty in retaining all of the defensive talent they have in the next few seasons if they wish to spend more money on offensive help and re-sign other current players.
Na'il Diggs, UFA, Carolina Panthers Diggs has been a steady linebacker for the Green Bay Packers since his second season in the league. Anyone looking for a veteran linebacker to make some tackles and hold his own will show an interest.
Cato June, UFA, Indianapolis Colts June was a first time starter in the Pro Bowl this past season. He’s relatively young and a tackling machine, so it’s likely that the Colts will do what they can to retain his talents.
Adalius Thomas, UFA, Baltimore Ravens It could be difficult to keep Thomas around because of his emerging status as one of the better linebackers in the NFL. Someone will throw big dollars his way, which means he could be lured away from Baltimore.
London Fletcher UFA Buffalo Bills Fletcher is good, plain and simple. Fletcher hasn’t missed a game in his career, and he’s also tallied 119 total tackles or more in every season since 2000.

DB's
Nate Clements, UFA, Buffalo Bills Clements should be the top target of teams looking for help in the secondary. He’s young, highly regarded, and very talented.
Asante Samuel UFA New England Patriots
Samuel has shown growth over the course of his 3+ years of experience, and at only 25 years of age, he’ll be a hot commodity. But, expect the Patriots to try hard to lock up the UCF product with an extension.
Ken Hamlin, UFA, Seattle Seahawks Hamlin is a talented safety with the potential to get even better. After an injury caused him to miss ten games last season, Hamlin has rebounded mightily this season with 70 total tackles, three interceptions, and a pair of sacks.

Jared Allens a FA eh? I like him a lot.
As for those linebackers, the only one i can see us getting is Briggs. I think Fletcher stays, and Thomas gets big big money elsewhere.

As for the Corners, i want to stay away. Reguardless if their worth it or not. Clements and Samual are going to get the biggest Contracts this offseason. Aside from Adalius Thomas. I see the Niners going after one, maybe even two of these guys. (They have over 40 mill free i beleive)

I want to see Miami sign either Samuel or Clements and they could draft a linebacker maybe Patrick Willis.

Honestly, I think we HAVE to go after any one of those big name FA's... I personally don't care which one.
Those positions are our 3 glaring needs that could be addressed thru FA... the others we have to fill thru existing roster guys like Matt Roth stepping up, and the 2007 draft.
I am definitely intrigued by the Raiders Terdell Sands. The guy is a behometh of a creature at 6'7". I also like Jared Allen, but he's a RFA, so we'd have to give something up to get him. I also really like Adalius Thomas... but I'd take any of the guys listed.

I really Feel Adalius Thomas is already a niner. They have the most money to flaunt, Mike Nolan used to be the Ravens D. Coordinator and has a healthy freindshiip still with Thomas, and he fits the niners scheme perfectly. I mean all signs point directly to San Fransisco for Thomas.

I really Feel Adalius Thomas is already a niner. They have the most money to flaunt, Mike Nolan used to be the Ravens D. Coordinator and has a healthy freindshiip still with Thomas, and he fits the niners scheme perfectly. I mean all signs point directly to San Fransisco for Thomas.
Cincinatti is a possiblity too.

Considering you add the top 3 O lineman to this mix, that's 15 guys of which we should grab one starter... that's close to a 50/50 shot for us. The guys we have on our team now at these need positions are perfect "depth" guys. We should take all our cap space for 1 or 2 starters, and keep what we have on the roster for depth. I don't think we need to go fishing for more 2nd tier guys...

The Bills are gonna re-sign Clements.

No he's not... the Buffalo media has said numerous times that he hates playing for the Bills because they're a bunch of sissies, and that he'd rather play for his pop warner team again, than re-sign with Buffalo...:dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom