Other thoughts from Jet Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Other thoughts from Jet Game

DOC33

Scout Team
Reaction score
Just some random stuff from last night..........

1) Wallace looked pretty good on ST. I think he will get some play on offence as well. Yes I know he was in on the last play but that was more as a decoy. I think he will get some plays designed for him as the season goes along and could be the deep threat that the team is missing.

2) Mastrude did not have a good game. He was not good on ST and missed some blocks in the base offense/wildcat. Shuler has a real chance once he learns the offense.

3) John Jerry was missed. Here is to hoping that he does not have the same thing that IAF had. We should have been able to run on them last night especially when they got winded in the middle of the third qtr. Part of it was play calling but part was our OL and our trap blocking is hidious which is why in some ways I think that we have to use so much wildcat. Donald Thomas must of had a personality issue with the coaching staff because he was the one OG that could get out in space and trap block, they could have used him last night.

4) Moses is miscast IMO on this defense. He is so-so at setting the edge and is ok in his pass rush but is not a guy that can defend the pass or is any good in space plus he has little ST value. Assuming that Wake is going to rush the passer 80% of the time the other OLB has to be versitle enough to do some of those other things. Once IAF is back I would be surprised if he is on the game day roster.

5) Langford is a man and one of the better 3-4 DE's in the league. Starks is better at DE as well, rather than NT. No matter what coach speak we get, he is playing NT because we dont have any better options. It will be interesting to see what they do in the upcoming offseason. Langford/Starks and Odrick are top notch DE's in the 3-4 and they will have Merlin coming back as well. The second team DL was not good last night.

6) MIA was out coached last night. The surprise was how bad Schotty outcoached Nolan. A lot of the outsdie runs and the wildcat where not because the Jets physically beat us or missed tackles etc. but rather was because of the scheme they caught us out of position. Same with the pass plays especially early when they caught the LBrs on the fake blitzes. This is a little cause for worry because Nolan's defenses have somewhat of a history of fading as the season goes along.

Back
Top Bottom