Ouch!!!!!

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jan 9, 2002
Messages
30,875
Reaction score
12,570
Location
S Florida/Dolphins Nation
"ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports the Miami Dolphins are prepared to make a strong run at keeping QB Jay Fiedler, even though there is some reluctance over his asking price of $5 million per year."
 

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
3,770
Reaction score
1
Age
48
Location
Arizona
Jay will get his money, and it will be interesting to see how he responds.

87
 

QuebecFinsFan

Scout Team
Joined
Nov 30, 2001
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Quebec City
well...

he improved greatly at the end of the year, we had no running game, a practice squad OL....maybe it's a good thing and he deserves a contract!!!

BUT 5 MILLION $ A YEAR....i have my doubt....
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
$5 mil per year will hopefully be

3 year deal for 15 mil with 2.5 mil signing bonus
1.5 in 2002
5 in 2003
6 in 2004

i..e heavily back-loaded
 

iceblizzard69

Hammered
Joined
Sep 29, 2001
Messages
12,645
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Location
On an island
Re: $5 mil per year will hopefully be

Originally posted by dolphan39
3 year deal for 15 mil with 2.5 mil signing bonus
1.5 in 2002
5 in 2003
6 in 2004

i..e heavily back-loaded
That is even worse. Let Fiedler go. If the Dolphins sign him, they will be in competition with the Knicks as the team I like with the worst management, and the Knicks have the worst management in the NBA.
 

Phinmaster1354

Active Roster
Joined
Nov 18, 2001
Messages
654
Reaction score
0
Location
Miami Lakes,FL
C'mon??? He DOES NOT deserve a 5 million a year contract!! Especially when you are over the salary cap already! If you sign this "YODA", there is no way they can re-sign BOWENS or MARION and some other PLAYMAKERS! Notice I said PLAYMAKERS!Not over 20int's and numerous fumbles! On a team that doesn't have that many playmakers, it's not a good idea to sign this bozo and take it away from other playmakers or potential free agents that can come in here and make a difference! Jay had his turn, now it's time to give Lucas or McNown a shot or draft and groom a qb! Maybe KURT KITTNER or Rohan Davey?? BYE JAY!!! :yell:
 

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Joined
Sep 19, 2001
Messages
859
Reaction score
2
Age
42
Location
Orlando
I wouldn't mind..........

resigning Jay to be a backup, but 5 million per year is a ridiculous figure considering how inconsistent he was. I say if he's persistent with this salary demand, then I say, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Jay!":fire:
 

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jan 9, 2002
Messages
30,875
Reaction score
12,570
Location
S Florida/Dolphins Nation
Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
C'mon??? He DOES NOT deserve a 5 million a year contract!! Especially when you are over the salary cap already! If you sign this "YODA", there is no way they can re-sign BOWENS or MARION and some other PLAYMAKERS! Notice I said PLAYMAKERS!Not over 20int's and numerous fumbles! On a team that doesn't have that many playmakers, it's not a good idea to sign this bozo and take it away from other playmakers or potential free agents that can come in here and make a difference! Jay had his turn, now it's time to give Lucas or McNown a shot or draft and groom a qb! Maybe KURT KITTNER or Rohan Davey?? BYE JAY!!! :yell:
Come on guys...39 gave us valid numbers...........he'll get a backloaded contract which makes a contract averaging 5 million/year.....he'll never see close to 5 million/year though.

But while we are at it we might as well restructure Madison, Surtain, Taylor and Thomas who combined accumulate 27 million next year....add to it Marion with a 2 million salary and a 2 million roster bonus.

That would make it 31 million dollars allocated to 5 players on D in a salary cap year of 72 million...
 

CHOPS44

firm believer
Joined
Oct 11, 2001
Messages
251
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Johnsburg, IL
I think the Dolphins should give him at least 8 million. He's totally worth it. Yeah, 8 mil a season for 10 seasons, that should screw your cap up pretty good.
 

iceblizzard69

Hammered
Joined
Sep 29, 2001
Messages
12,645
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Location
On an island

iceblizzard69

Hammered
Joined
Sep 29, 2001
Messages
12,645
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Location
On an island
Originally posted by CHOPS44
I think the Dolphins should give him at least 8 million. He's totally worth it. Yeah, 8 mil a season for 10 seasons, that should screw your cap up pretty good.
I think the Jets should sign Vinny Testeverde to a 10 year deal worth 90 million dollars.
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Wow, 7th in passing rating in the AFC!!!! That is the middle of the pack for starters, and it does not mean 5 million dollars a year.
You would think 'til you look at the contracts of the guys below him: T Green, Grbac, Griese, Flutie... and my cousin Vinny's 10 year $ 100 million contract w/a free nursing home stay for life at Mariott's ;)
 

iceblizzard69

Hammered
Joined
Sep 29, 2001
Messages
12,645
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Location
On an island
Originally posted by dolphan39
You would think 'til you look at the contracts of the guys below him: T Green, Grbac, Griese, Flutie... and my cousin Vinny's 10 year $ 100 million contract w/a free nursing home stay for life at Mariott's ;)
Griese throws a lot more though, and clearly has more talent. Grbac and Green just suck. Flutie is good but he doesn't have very good WR and no offensive line at all (although he doesn't need one with his speed as much as other QBs do)
 

MarinoFan4Life

Ronnie Brown... He's awesome
Joined
Sep 13, 2001
Messages
805
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Location
The Buckeye State
The guys Fiedler beat definatley don't suck...
Green is still waiting on some talent around him
Grbac has never been absolutley horrible... he always does "okay"
Griese is obviously a whole lot of talent... With McCaff and Smith healthy next year, if Davis stays healthy... watch out...
Flutie has a lot of talent... he is just content to hide it, or something like that...
Vinnie Mac is like 7th on all time passing yards...
Dilfer... hate to say it, but he did what Dan The Man didn't do... :cry:

These guys aren't bad QB's... Fiedler is NOT a bad QB... he is having a big problem with being inconsistant, but, I firmly believe he can work through it... Now 5 mil, that might be a little too much, but............ if he can prove to me he deserves it, I won't argue it... Wanny obviously sees something he likes, granted, we haven't seen a whole lot of it, but it has to be there. I guess we have to trust our coach on this one.......

GO FINS!
 
Top Bottom