Our 16th pick will be a good one | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our 16th pick will be a good one

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
No matter who we take, I believe we make out very well. The more I read up on some of these guys, the more excited I get it. At first I was oppose to taking a WR in the first round but now it doesn't sound like that bad of an idea. We are pretty set at CB IMO and could use another safety. The only way I say we draft a DB is if it is Donte Whitner. If he isn't around then we have to go after a WR. Can you imagine Chambers running opposite a Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes? That would be pretty sweet is you ask me.

No matter what we do with that pick you can guarentee 2 things. 1) He'll be a starter next year and 2) It will be an excellent pick.

Heres my round one board: (In this order/if available)
1. Donte Whitner
2. Chad Jackson
3. Santonio Holmes

Should be a great draft and I can't wait!

I do agree. I dont know who we will get, but I feel great that Saban is the one picking not Wanny!!

I'm not sure Holmes or Jackson would be a starter for us next year. They would be an outstanding compliment to Chambers and Booker until they learn the nuances of the pro game. Then they would probably become starters their second or third season.

I really dont see the need to use the 16th pick for a receiver. I think the best players available (and that would compliment our needs) are...

Donte Whitner
Antonio Cromartie
Jimmy Williams
Ernie Sims
Broderick Bunkley
Manny Lawson

JepheryRoss said:
I really dont see the need to use the 16th pick for a receiver. I think the best players available (and that would compliment our needs) are...

Donte Whitner
Antonio Cromartie
Jimmy Williams
Ernie Sims
Broderick Bunkley
Manny Lawson

Hands down if Bunkley or Jimmy Williams is available I take him without hestitation. Bunkley looks like he could start and have an immediate impact. 300 pounds of pure muscle....not fat....and I bet Saban cant make him cry. J/K Manny!

JepheryRoss said:

Donte Whitner
Antonio Cromartie
Jimmy Williams
Ernie Sims
Broderick Bunkley
Manny Lawson

I really don't think Simms is worth that 16th pick. Neither is Cromartie for that matter. But the others look would all be good picks. But I still would take Jackson or Holmes over Bunkley or Lawson. If Whitner or Williams or there I would love to see us pull the trigger on them.

I'm not a big fan of Jackson honestly, he wasn't the most productive receiver in college until his Jr. year and he seems to round off his routes and tends to "gear down" in his cuts. That negates his speed and NFL CB's will eat that up. Correctable with time, sure, but I'd rather have a guy who is a bit more natural at the position. Always exception to this rule, so if we did draft him I'd hope for the best.

Look at the history of WR's in the latter part of the first round and you'll see more misses than hits recently. I'd go LB, DB, OL, or DT with that pick. Whichever player is highest rated on my board.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
No matter who we take, I believe we make out very well. The more I read up on some of these guys, the more excited I get it. At first I was oppose to taking a WR in the first round but now it doesn't sound like that bad of an idea. We are pretty set at CB IMO and could use another safety. The only way I say we draft a DB is if it is Donte Whitner. If he isn't around then we have to go after a WR. Can you imagine Chambers running opposite a Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes? That would be pretty sweet is you ask me.

No matter what we do with that pick you can guarentee 2 things. 1) He'll be a starter next year and 2) It will be an excellent pick.

Heres my round one board: (In this order/if available)
1. Donte Whitner
2. Chad Jackson
3. Santonio Holmes

Should be a great draft and I can't wait!

Whitner looks great in his highlights but can some tell me why a player that explosive and talented didnt really start tell last year. i know he played alot but was he that raw to not start

miadfins said:
Whitner looks great in his highlights but can some tell me why a player that explosive and talented didnt really start tell last year. i know he played alot but was he that raw to not start

Well hey think about this. Chad Jackson didn't become Florida's number 1 reciever till last year. Some guys just bloom at the right time. Whitner is a player and will make some team very happy.

From what I have gathered both here (see "Boomer") and on Sirius my first round preference would be:

A- Bush, Ferguson, M. Williams, Hawk, Ngata, Bunkley, Davis, Huff, or Justice, should any of them drop to #16.

B- Manny Lawson, Antonio Cromartie

C- Trade down

3rd round- Watkins would be nice
4th round- reciever prospect like Baskett

I don't like Jackson or Jimmy (gold Lamborghini) Williams

RichmondWeb said:
From what I have gathered both here (see "Boomer") and on Sirius my first round preference would be:

A- Bush, Ferguson, M. Williams, Hawk, Ngata, Bunkley, Davis, Huff, or Justice, should any of them drop to #16.

B- Manny Lawson, Antonio Cromartie

C- Trade down

3rd round- Watkins would be nice
4th round- reciever prospect like Baskett

I don't like Jackson or Jimmy (gold Lamborghini) Williams

Since the option A is very unlikely I would be happy with either Lawson or Cromartie

Jimmy Williams has bust written all over him. Underachiever with attitude problems. I'd much rather have Cromartie over any other DB except Huff.

cromartie will not go before ppick 20. hes not even the best cb its williams and b/c of the injury he will fall to late first round. lawson/sims/greenway is my preference by far. i would like the aquisition of a wr first round but there have been too many bust wrs of late in the first rounds and we can get decent wrs later in the draft. id prefer a stud olb to solidify our run defense. your secondary gets better by having a better pass rush not the pass rush getting better by the secondary. if you can get pressure on the qb and stop the run, it will make the whole secondary better and create turnovers.

Back
Top Bottom