Our 1st & 3rd For Dallas' Two 1st | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our 1st & 3rd For Dallas' Two 1st

Jaj said:
Very likely he will, especially if we trade down.

- Arizona is rumored to have finally completed its deal for Henry.
- If we trade down the Cowboys would take Edwards.
- Cleveland would take Smith or Rodgers.
- Chicago likely would take Ronnie Brown.
- Tampa Bay could take Carnell or Mike Williams, but Mike is more likely.
- Tenn. will take a CB
- Minnesota will take Mike Williams if he is there, but will most likely take Merriman as a RE.
- Arizona has made its deal they will take a CB
- Washington DE
- Lions DE
- We get Benson, possibly even Cadillac available...

Nice post. A lot of people dont realize that if we trade out of the top ten, Benson is likely to slip out as well. If Tampa goes for Mike Williams at #5, there is no telling how far Caddy could fall. Pretty much every team outside of the top 5 selections already has a franchise RB.

I think that article said that Arizona isn't yet willing to include the 4th but they expect Arizona to give in on draft day.

Wouldn't that take away the point of going after multiple picks though. It's doubtful the Cowboys would even make that trade...

caneaddict said:
BTW, If Arizona completes the trade, I would think there is a trade to be had with Arizona. They would have Fitz and Boldin along with Henry so they just need a QB. It will probably cost a ton next year to get Leinart so they can't count on that.

If it was Arizona I'd ask them for Bryant Johnson (2003 1st rounder, could be a great #3 for us, young) to make it easier on the Cardinals to come up with the value. They'd also include their 2nd rounder from this year and a 3rd maybe next year. That'd come out to a very fair deal. They'd still have two very good WRs. They'd get Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers. They could swing the deal for Henry right after that for Shelton and they'd be a complete team on offense. They'd still have two third round picks to work with. They could us those to trade up for a 2nd and grab a defensive player that they like alot.

GridIronKing34 said:
Wouldn't that take away the point of going after multiple picks though. It's doubtful the Cowboys would even make that trade...

Im not sure what you are trying to say....what would take away the point of going after multiple picks?

Jaj said:
Very likely he will, especially if we trade down.

- Arizona is rumored to have finally completed its deal for Henry.
- If we trade down the Cowboys would take Edwards.
- Cleveland would take Smith or Rodgers.
- Chicago likely would take Ronnie Brown.
- Tampa Bay could take Carnell or Mike Williams, but Mike is more likely.
- Tenn. will take a CB
- Minnesota will take Mike Williams if he is there, but will most likely take Merriman as a RE.
- Arizona has made its deal they will take a CB
- Washington DE
- Lions DE
- We get Benson, possibly even Cadillac available...

take Edwards? i think he would for sure take the next Qb, Dallas Qb's are brutal which is why i think Dallas would do it

Dallas has said they don't want to spend heavily on QB. Parcells will retire soon and will take Edwards if he trades up.

well i dont think he has a choice dallas is in desperate need of a QB maybe if they had something but they got nothin, Henson is a bust and Vinny is like 50

JAREDMANN said:
take Edwards? i think he would for sure take thje next Qb which is why i think Dallas would do it

Wrong. Parcells has been selfish in his tenure as Cowboys head coach. He's made it pretty clear he won't be sticking around for the longrun (and if next year is anything like last year, he wont have a choice). Thus giving him a win now type mentality picking up seasoned veterans or players he is comfortable with as opposed to developing young talent. If they trade up to the #2 pick im pretty confident they'd pick Edwards. They lack an explosive reciever on their roster and both Keyshawn and Terry Glenn are past their prime. No way does Parcells draft a QB that high only to be 3rd on his depth chart behind Bledsoe and Henson.

right they got bledsoe, i forgot. but i still think parcells will go Qb he's not selfish(well he might be i dont know) and a Qb is what is in most desperate need. But the fact remains that there is good reason for him to want to move up

JAREDMANN said:
well i dont think he has a choice dallas is in desperate need of a QB maybe if they had something but they got nothin, Henson is a bust and Vinny is like 50

They picked up Bledsoe. And Parcells is more than satisfied with him being the starting QB next season. How can you call Henson a bust?? He had one bad game in his first season back after being away from the game for several years. People are putting way too much into the fact that Parcells hasnt been giving Henson a shot. Anyone who is familiar with the team knows Parcells wants to win now and prefers to go with a veteran QB, instead of developing someone as raw as Henson is. I hate the cowboys but considering I live in Dallas I am forced to watch them more than i'd like and Henson looks like he's got plenty of potential, he just needs the oppurtunity.

i heard during the season that henson was not doing very good and might even be released and i watched the one game and it was bad but ya he could be doing good most of what ppl say on t.v is BS. I heard losman developed really good behind bledsoe so my thinking is that dallas might try the same but i could see how it could go either way

Sorry won't happen....and here's why;

Cowboys | Prepared to Move Out of No. 20 Spot
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 20:15:49 -0700

Nick Eatman, of DallasCowboys.com, reports Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones has hinted the Cowboys might end up trading the No. 20 overall selection in April's NFL Draft, likely for more picks in either the second or third round, or both. Dallas also owns the No. 11 pick overall. Jones said last month that he would consider trading one of the first-rounders to acquire at least another first-round pick in 2006. "You've got the two (first round) draft picks and there's always the strategy that if given the opportunity we could use one of them to push into next year," Jones said. "That's a very real consideration because usually the opportunity is there, and I may do it."

This deal isnt good, Id rather we stay at #2 and pick a 3rd rounder than make the trade. The chart isnt the end all, but commonsense should tell you that this trade is not a good deal. Our 1st and like a 4ht or 5th rounder maybe but our 2nd for both 1sts is fair chart or not. Terrible deal.

wow... that trade sucks... #2 for #11 and #20 isn't a good deal for us let alone with us adding a third, anyway, I can't see who Dallas would need at #2, tey need those two picks.

#11 is a horrible position for us to pick... who would we draft? The 3 RBs are gone... I'd rather nab Ronnie Brown, with Jason Campbell in the second and Roscoe Parrish in the third.

Back
Top Bottom