Our 1st & 3rd For Dallas' Two 1st | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our 1st & 3rd For Dallas' Two 1st

The Dolphins will get hosed if they make this deal...I would ask Dallas for their two picks PLUS a decent player, hopefully a legit starter....can't give up our 2nd pick and a guy like Ronnie Brown for what Dallas would give us.....we would get two okay guys from Dallas's picks but they would be getting one GREAT player and one decent player with our 3rd. Doesn't make sense for us.:rolleyes:

And this is reported where? Oh thats right, the newspaper with a direct line into Saban's mind.............. I love how people in the news just throw stuff out there and people suck it up like candy.

With that said, if this were to happen, the deal would then be to take the #20 and trade down not once, but twice, thats right folks, twice! and then we would have a late first, a couple of 2nd's + Surtain's 2nd, and a couple of thirds when all is said and done. We are looking at all the talent from late first rd. to fourth round in a major way IMO. We will be dropping down even on the second day. Get used to it! Have fun finding the guys who you think we will draft.

UncleJamFinFan said:
Just heard on LA radio we'd like to trade our 1st and 3rd round picks for Dallas' two 1st round picks (11 & 20 -- I believe.) Not sure if this is news outside of LA -- and forgive me if it's been posted.
They'd get the better end of the deal..

Value wise that trade loses all credibility because its not close to be equal in value unless there is additional picks or players given up by Dallas.Therefore I am inclined not to believe it.The boys are in th same situation as us.They need a couple of starters out of this draft.

#2 for #11 and #20. Im in.

#2 AND our third for #11 and #20 :shakeno:

no freakin way that is a good deal..., we can't slip back 10 spots and give up a 3rd. for a lousy 11th and 20th...:shakeno:

Forget the chart, that's an unattractive deal. Saban is all about acquring more draft picks, not just changing up the position of them. A 1st and a 3rd for two 1sts does not give us a net gain in the number of picks, and that is what I think Saban will be wanting.

i dont really know if it any better either unless saban has someone specific he wants in the first

Jaj said:
FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME THE CHART IS NOT A RULEBOOK

However, whatever chart Saban is following - he indicated he would follow it strictly.

At the same time as the other poster noted, the charts do change in each draft - to some degree. And, we really don't know whether Saban's chart is the same as everyone else's chart.

The charts are nice for us, to speculate, but they are ultimately speculation.

And, my mantra is - trust in Saban (for the next two years, at least). If, by the 3rd year, the team isn't improving and better than Wanny's teams, then I'll be worried. Until then, I'm pretty relaxed (though irritated that the Wanny/Rick duo traded away good draft picks).

I was just about to post it but fishypete beat me to it.

jerrah has decreed that the Cowboys want to trade DOWN, not up. With Parcells nearing hanging the spurs up for good, this is as clear an indication as it gets that Dallas is a no go in any deal with the Dolphins.

Ed Werder was on Sportscenter tonight talking about how the Cowboys think this draft is weaker than last years and they traded down last year, they are also looking totrade down and stockpile picks, although they did say they are very interested in Mike Williams, especially since Keyshawn has told Parcells he's ready to sit out next season unless he gets more $$$.

gfbfc bfcbv+

Fins 1st & 7th for there 2 1st rounders
Fins 1st & 3rd for there 2 1st rounders and there 2nd rounder and a player to be named later

JAREDMANN said:
well i dont think he has a choice dallas is in desperate need of a QB maybe if they had something but they got nothin, Henson is a bust and Vinny is like 50
I think you forgot the man they just got....Drew Bledsoe! Edwards would be a good fit in Dallas so the deal makes sense to me. No way do I throw in our 3rd though. The #2 overall is well worth the 11th and 20th. :shakeno:

dolphindude13 said:
I think you forgot the man they just got....Drew Bledsoe! Edwards would be a good fit in Dallas so the deal makes sense to me. No way do I throw in our 3rd though. The #2 overall is well worth the 11th and 20th. :shakeno:

this all has been talked about

Csonka39 said:
Fins 1st & 7th for there 2 1st rounders
Fins 1st & 3rd for there 2 1st rounders and there 2nd rounder and a player to be named later

the secound one is way better and i think your dreaming with both

Back
Top Bottom