Our 2020 QB should be 1 of 3 players

FinPhan54

Basement Dweller
Club Member
Reaction score
1. Ryan Fitzpatrick
2. Josh Rosen
3. Ryan Tannehill

Past me just kicked future me so hard.... but it's true. Based on value, smart spending, and the long term build of this team. There is no rookie not named Burrow that is worth using a first round pick on.

We need to use our 5 top 60 picks (more if we move down in the first) on position players. Start loading up on playmakers.

Worry about doing what it takes to get Lawrence/Fields once we have a team in place around them that they can step in and lead.

The 3 players above should be in consideration. The top 2 for obvious reasons, and Tannehill because we all know his toughness and see what he's doing in Tennessee. He would be revered if he came back.m

It will be interesting to see the way this staff views Rosen coming into next year also.

Joe Burrow. Fins need to trade Cincy a 1st, 2nd, Rosen and even a 2nd next year to get the first pick.

How stupid can we be? Hear me out. Fins are missing a QB more than anything. We win games, we wont get an elite QB.

Burrow destroyed a great defense last night. He needs to be a Dolphin next year.

Give Cincy our 1a, then use the other two on a LT and Center.

We cant afford to miss out. Rosen might learn, but he is not a "leader".

Joe Burrow. Fins need to trade Cincy a 1st, 2nd, Rosen and even a 2nd next year to get the first pick.

How stupid can we be? Hear me out. Fins are missing a QB more than anything. We win games, we wont get an elite QB.

Burrow destroyed a great defense last night. He needs to be a Dolphin next year.

Give Cincy our 1a, then use the other two on a LT and Center.

We cant afford to miss out. Rosen might learn, but he is not a "leader".
They won't move off that first pick for anything less than the cheerleader's first born male children.

I am okay with Rosen being one of next years QB and even Fitzpatrick if they don’t draft a QB but I have zero desire to see Tannehill in a Dolphin uniform again. He is having some success with the Titans so hopefully he will
remain with them next year or go to another team with a decent OL.

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick
2. Josh Rosen
3. Ryan Tannehill

Past me just kicked future me so hard.... but it's true. Based on value, smart spending, and the long term build of this team. There is no rookie not named Burrow that is worth using a first round pick on.

We need to use our 5 top 60 picks (more if we move down in the first) on position players. Start loading up on playmakers.

Worry about doing what it takes to get Lawrence/Fields once we have a team in place around them that they can step in and lead.

The 3 players above should be in consideration. The top 2 for obvious reasons, and Tannehill because we all know his toughness and see what he's doing in Tennessee. He would be revered if he came back.m

It will be interesting to see the way this staff views Rosen coming into next year also.

1 or 2, sure. 3? Not a chance in hell. Miami already messed that up.

I’m sick and tired of kicking the tire down the road when it comes to drafting a QB. That needs to stop in 2020.

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick
2. Josh Rosen
3. Ryan Tannehill

No way Tennessee let’s him go, and doubtful he would want To come back regarding Tannehill.

Drafting Tua and letting him have a red shirt year behind Fitz isn’t such a crazy idea.

Giving Rosen another chance to compete in training camp and through preseason wouldn’t cost very much. In fact, Flores has proven his point, why not let Rosen start the last 3 games of the year to get some experience and show a bit more of what he has got?

Drafting another QB to learn behind Fitz such as Jacob Eason or even taking a shot on Jalen Hurtz could be an interesting idea.

Or drafting a QB such as Jamie Newman or Jordan Love and having them as a developmental prospect isn’t a crazy idea either.

However, with Fromm struggling To the point he may go back to school next year, Herbert looking questionable from a leadership standpoint, tua’s injury, Jordan Love looking like he has regressed a bit, this QB class doesn’t look as strong as it did at the beginning of the year.

At this point. I thin maybe the team should sign Bridgewater and take a chance on Hurts or Love in the 2nd.

Bridgewater would be a great fit for this offense and already has good chemistry with Parker. He impressed me with the Saints.

I dont care what it takes. Trade 1st round picks for the next 5 years if you must lol. 2020 needs to be our QB year

I will get behind whoever they draft and trust this coaching staff to coach up talent. But we need to draft someone in the first round.

Totally okay with trading up for one thing and one thing only.... potential franchise QB.

Rooting for the Giants to get the first pick.

Cincinnati isn’t trading. This is why it was critical to get the 1st pick and not have meaningless wins.

I’d agree that there isn’t a QB in the draft that I would be excited about taking in the 1st. I would build the trenches and see if there is a QB in the 2nd. Eason or Hurts might fall to the second.

I'd rather build the trenches, gain more picks and aim for Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence. Other than Burrow?? (he has questions too - experience mostly), there are too many issues with the other QB's. I would take Tua if I thought his hip was good for 10 years. Forcing a qb is the absolute worst thing this franchise can do. Build the inside/outside foundation (lines!!!!) and go from there.

There is a strong possibility that Rosen may end up being the QB of the future considering how the 2020 QB class has shaked out. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the full-time starter in 2020 without much competition behind him.

Back
Top Bottom