Our 2020 QB should be 1 of 3 players | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our 2020 QB should be 1 of 3 players

There is a strong possibility that Rosen may end up being the QB of the future considering how the 2020 QB class has shaked out. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the full-time starter in 2020 without much competition behind him.

I agree

That is definitely one of the benefits to having Rosen locked in for a few years.

This year it will not solely be about Herbert, From, Eason, Love, etc. but it will be about them vs Rosen. Which young guy is worth keeping around.

Btw not even entertaining Burrow. He's a legend and would be our starter in a heartbeat but not getting passed Cincy.

Tannehill won't happen of course and its probably better for both parties, but if he hadn't played for the Dolphins before he's the type of guy that makes sense.

I wouldn't mind seeing the team give Rosen a chance without an offensive line disaster around him but it just seems like that ship unfortunately sailed, which I still think is really stupid in the long run and I won't just let up on Flores for even if this team of misfits plays hard.

I swap Tannehill with Tua. I’m not going to fall in love with any possible QB we could draft. Many here will. I like Tua and Burrow and am not crazy about over drafting any of the others. I think Tua is the beat one. If the medical looks ok I’m swinging for the fences.

Rosen is the only option from that list long term. We will likely draft someone, however I would not be surprised at all if Rosen is the starter next year.
It certainly wouldn't be a bad thing considering the assets the dolphins have that could really change the offensive make up of the team. Don't forget the FA money. The Dolphins will pony up for some line help I think.

Joe Burrow. Fins need to trade Cincy a 1st, 2nd, Rosen and even a 2nd next year to get the first pick.

How stupid can we be? Hear me out. Fins are missing a QB more than anything. We win games, we wont get an elite QB.

Burrow destroyed a great defense last night. He needs to be a Dolphin next year.

Give Cincy our 1a, then use the other two on a LT and Center.

We cant afford to miss out. Rosen might learn, but he is not a "leader".

Dude, stop smoking crack, it kills. Cincy aint budging

Joe Burrow. Fins need to trade Cincy a 1st, 2nd, Rosen and even a 2nd next year to get the first pick.

How stupid can we be? Hear me out. Fins are missing a QB more than anything. We win games, we wont get an elite QB.

Burrow destroyed a great defense last night. He needs to be a Dolphin next year.

Give Cincy our 1a, then use the other two on a LT and Center.

We cant afford to miss out. Rosen might learn, but he is not a "leader".
What makes you think Cincinnati is trading that pick? It's also going to take alot more than the hypothetical offer you're suggesting. No way Cincinnati takes that offer.

I’m sick and tired of kicking the tire down the road when it comes to drafting a QB. That needs to stop in 2020.

This. We have to take a QB or two. At this point, my first round pick would be best available QB. I'd like to target Tua still and Herts will likely go in the first round. We've not even taken a flier on a QB in a later round behind T'hill, insane.

The ONLY way Cincy even blinks is if we offer all 5 1sts over the next 2 years and that’s a starting point to the deal.

if burrow is worth going ALL IN on, then do it. But that’s tough

The ONLY way Cincy even blinks is if we offer all 5 1sts over the next 2 years and that’s a starting point to the deal.

if burrow is worth going ALL IN on, then do it. But that’s tough

No, no one is worth that much. Let’s just find our own. Take our chances with our surplus of picks

I swap Tannehill with Tua. I’m not going to fall in love with any possible QB we could draft. Many here will. I like Tua and Burrow and am not crazy about over drafting any of the others. I think Tua is the beat one. If the medical looks ok I’m swinging for the fences.

I had my doubts about Tua's ability to come to a team like Miami and throw into tight windows (something he hasn't had to do at Alabama), deal with non-existent line pay (something he hasn't had to do at Alabama), and deal with adversity (something he hasn't had to do at Alabama) even before the injuries. Now I'm super concerned.

I'd love if we drafted Tua in the second round, maybe even late first. Not at all thrilled in the top 10. And I think Burrow has clearly shown himself to be a better prospect at this point regardless.

No way Tennessee let’s him go, and doubtful he would want To come back regarding Tannehill.

Drafting Tua and letting him have a red shirt year behind Fitz isn’t such a crazy idea.

Giving Rosen another chance to compete in training camp and through preseason wouldn’t cost very much. In fact, Flores has proven his point, why not let Rosen start the last 3 games of the year to get some experience and show a bit more of what he has got?

Drafting another QB to learn behind Fitz such as Jacob Eason or even taking a shot on Jalen Hurtz could be an interesting idea.

Or drafting a QB such as Jamie Newman or Jordan Love and having them as a developmental prospect isn’t a crazy idea either.

However, with Fromm struggling To the point he may go back to school next year, Herbert looking questionable from a leadership standpoint, tua’s injury, Jordan Love looking like he has regressed a bit, this QB class doesn’t look as strong as it did at the beginning of the year.
Tua will end up being a better NFL QB than Barrows.

Tua will end up being a better NFL QB than Barrows.

Depends on the situation. Burrow in Cincinnati isn’t going to be good for him. That team is always mediocre. However, there are a lot of concerns in regards to Tua’s durability.

Back
Top Bottom