Our 3rd round pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our 3rd round pick

PHINATIC13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First off I would to say Saban has done a very good job (IMO)with the draft.I can't help but to think we might have been "safer" picking David Greene with our 3rd round pick.I must say watching all the clips of Channing was very impressive he's a beast.My concern is the injuries to his knees. Seems alot of teams felt he was too big of a risk to draft that high.Or do you guys think his upside out weighs the risk?

I'm more concerned with Crowder's character, as opposed to his health. I was initially confused by the pick a little bit, but then I looked at it and it really makes a lot of sense. Crowder can wreak havoc, and should thrive when we move to the 3-4 next year. Plus, this gives him time to develop alongside one of the all-time great ILBs, Zach Thomas. I think it is a great value pick for the Phins.

PHINATIC13 said:
First off I would to say Saban has done a very good job (IMO)with the draft.I can't help but to think we might have been "safer" picking David Greene with our 3rd round pick.I must say watching all the clips of Channing was very impressive he's a beast.My concern is the injuries to his knees. Seems alot of teams felt he was too big of a risk to draft that high.Or do you guys think his upside out weighs the risk?
I agree there is risk with his past injuries but I didn't want Miami to draft Greene. I just don't see him being a good pro QB. I'm a UGA fan and just think his delivery and feet are too slow for the pro game. I was actually expecting us to go CB or Safety with that pick.

trust me if we know about his knees, saban know about it too...

i sure all this has been figured out and he will play... have read dr james edwards of

birmingham gave him a clean bill of health..

Crowder had more character issues than health... as as gator fan he was huge for us... i cant believe he fell to us in the 3RD round... thats insane....

Eric-Honduras said:
Crowder had more character issues than health... as as gator fan he was huge for us... i cant believe he fell to us in the 3RD round... thats insane....
Why did he have character issues? I just read his bio and there is nothing metioning off the field problems and he was an honor roll student in high school and college.

Greene reminds me of Tom Brady, alittle vanilla in style but good fundamentals.Brady, not the fastest QB in the league.JMO

AtlantaPhin said:
I agree there is risk with his past injuries but I didn't want Miami to draft Greene. I just don't see him being a good pro QB. I'm a UGA fan and just think his delivery and feet are too slow for the pro game. I was actually expecting us to go CB or Safety with that pick.

PHINATIC13 said:
Greene reminds me of Tom Brady, alittle vanilla in style but good fundamentals.Brady, not the fastest QB in the league.JMO
Greene has nowhere near the arm that Brady does and his delivery is very slow.

Back
Top Bottom