Our best year as a team that you witnessed? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our best year as a team that you witnessed?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I wasn't born in 1972 so I didn't see that team .
I would have to say the year we beat the Bears ,who eventually went on to win the Super Bowl.
It's to bad we lost to the Patriots in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.
Then to make matters worse , those bastards made a song about beating us
Man I was so pissed.

Fortunately I have seen every season played by the Dolphins since 1966. So obviously the undefeated season of 1972 rates as their best overall season. While nothing can beat an undefeated season. I actually think the 1973 team that won the SB against the Vikings was probably the best team the Dolphins ever had, but since they lost 2 games during the regular season they will never get the same praise that the 1972 team does.

Fortunately I have seen every season played by the Dolphins since 1966. So obviously the undefeated season of 1972 rates as their best overall season. While nothing can beat an undefeated season. I actually think the 1973 team that won the SB against the Vikings was probably the best team the Dolphins ever had, but since they lost 2 games during the regular season they will never get the same praise that the 1972 team does.
I agree, it's the '73 team.

As a team - Too young to remember the 70s so Leaning towards the 82 Dolphins (won’t ever forget beating the Jets for the AFC title in a monsoon. That Defense was tough as nails.

Live in person - 84 Dolphins. I remember our defense being awful but we had some dude named Marino that kind of made up for it, lol. Was at the Philly game where it was so loud in the OB that they had to stop the game multiple times for the refs to ask the crowd to quiet down. Didn’t work, won the game on a missed PAT and moved to 11-0. Fun times!

I wasn't born in 1972 so I didn't see that team .
I would have to say the year we beat the Bears ,who eventually went on to win the Super Bowl.
It's to bad we lost to the Patriots in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.
Then to make matters worse , those bastards made a song about beating us
Man I was so pissed.
That was 85' the Bears game.
I would say hands down the 73' team and I agree they were probably better than the 72' team even though they lost 2.
Honorable mention goes to the 84' team for obvious reasons, that was a fun year to watch, had high hopes after that year only to have my heart broke year after year since. As you all know, it's been that way for quite a while now...

Probably 1984, I was a little boy but followed the Dolphins and watched a few games including the Super Bowl.

After that probably 1990 - 1993, good teams but unfortunately never as good as Buffalo. The year Dan went down was looking promising it’s really a shame that happened.

The JJ years were lousy, good defenses but lack of offensive fire power hamstring the team.

2002 team was really good, when Fiedler went down it ruined the season. That team spanked the Raiders who represented the AFC in the Super Bowl.

2008 and 2016 were fun. I admit I knew neither of those teams were truly good enough but the ride was fun. 08 team had a mash unit OLINE come playoff time and 16 team had special teamers all over the defense. Neither team had a realistic shot in the playoffs.

1984...by a mile. Didn’t get to see early-70s glory days. Marino was so good, I just didn’t think they could be stopped. Which led to a lot of tears on Super Bowl Sunday. Yes, I can admit that I cried.

Back
Top Bottom