Our best year as a team that you witnessed? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our best year as a team that you witnessed?

72. I was 6-7. My dad and uncle were huge fans. Never missed a game, whether at the Orange Bowl or on TV. That was back when a dad could take his kid and not have to pay for an extra ticket. The kids could just sit in front of the adult.

Not the best but most satisfying was the 2000 team. First time in my life that I went into a season with little to no expectations because Marino retired and then they go 11-5 and make the playoffs on defense and running game. For a fleeting year or two I thought this team was better off without Marino than with him.

I wasn't born in 1972 so I didn't see that team .
I would have to say the year we beat the Bears ,who eventually went on to win the Super Bowl.
It's to bad we lost to the Patriots in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.
Then to make matters worse , those bastards made a song about beating us
Man I was so pissed.
2002 team was the best dolphin team I’ve seen

2003 dolphins...on madden lol I went 14-2 and beat Philadelphia in the Super Bowl 26-9.
Ironic because when the Eagles played in Miami in December of that year, the defense was impotent to stop them. Fiedler had his usual pathetic game through the air (with 2 interceptions), although he added a rushing TD, along with Ricky and Travis Minor. But the defense allowed the Eagles to score on almost every possession.

Ironic because when the Eagles played in Miami in December of that year, the defense was impotent to stop them. Fiedler had his usual pathetic game through the air (with 2 interceptions), although he added a rushing TD, along with Ricky and Travis Minor. But the defense allowed the Eagles to score on almost every possession.
Yeah 34-27. I remember that game on Monday night. Miami only beat teams they were better than (except Houston) and lost to every elite team they played.

Yeah 34-27. I remember that game on Monday night. Miami only beat teams they were better than (except Houston) and lost to every elite team they played.
Yes, it was a Monday night game. And even though Fiedler was Fiedler, the offense was scoring. But that was the night I realized that we’d been oversold on the greatness of the defense.

Probably 1984, I was a little boy but followed the Dolphins and watched a few games including the Super Bowl.

After that probably 1990 - 1993, good teams but unfortunately never as good as Buffalo. The year Dan went down was looking promising it’s really a shame that happened.

The JJ years were lousy, good defenses but lack of offensive fire power hamstring the team.

2002 team was really good, when Fiedler went down it ruined the season. That team spanked the Raiders who represented the AFC in the Super Bowl.

2008 and 2016 were fun. I admit I knew neither of those teams were truly good enough but the ride was fun. 08 team had a mash unit OLINE come playoff time and 16 team had special teamers all over the defense. Neither team had a realistic shot in the playoffs.

That 2016 team was a shell of itself by the time it got to the playoffs unfortunately. At close to full strength it would have easily topped the 2008 team. We had a lot of talent on that squad before Gase decided he didn't like his talented players.

Yes, it was a Monday night game. And even though Fiedler was Fiedler, the offense was scoring. But that was the night I realized that we’d been oversold on the greatness of the defense.

Fiedler never really found himself in 2003. He really wasn't that good before getting "injured" and yielding to Griese, who passed all right but lost games as a sitting duck in the pocket and Miami needed more of a gamer. Fiedler had a nice moment in Washington and crushed Dallas, but other than that it was a pretty lost season.

That 2016 team was a shell of itself by the time it got to the playoffs unfortunately. At close to full strength it would have easily topped the 2008 team. We had a lot of talent on that squad before Gase decided he didn't like his talented players.

i agree! The 08 team was the poster child for don’t turn it over and let the other team beat itself. Most NFL teams will. It’s a great strategy if your not that talented but isn’t going to cut it against the big boys.

Fiedler never really found himself in 2003. He really wasn't that good before getting "injured" and yielding to Griese, who passed all right but lost games as a sitting duck in the pocket and Miami needed more of a gamer. Fiedler had a nice moment in Washington and crushed Dallas, but other than that it was a pretty lost season.

It really grinds my gears how thick headed Wannstedt was when he was running the team. He had such a hard on to make jay fiedler happen that he passed on Drew Brees when his most respected scout was literally slamming the table telling him to draft him. Drew Brees in 02 or 03 may have gotten us to a super bowl. The Dolphins played the patriots tough in both games in 03.

Back
Top Bottom