Our best year as a team that you witnessed? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our best year as a team that you witnessed?

Idk which year specifically, but there were some good ones during the Marino era. You never felt like Miami was out of the game with him at QB. I missed the entire 84 season because my step father at the time was a real piece of work. He got into this get rich scheme and decided that TV was bad for us so as an 8 year old child I had no tv to watch cartoons or more importantly football...

Idk which year specifically, but there were some good ones during the Marino era. You never felt like Miami was out of the game with him at QB. I missed the entire 84 season because my step father at the time was a real piece of work. He got into this get rich scheme and decided that TV was bad for us so as an 8 year old child I had no tv to watch cartoons or more importantly football...

How did the get rich pyramid scheme lead to the no television rule?

2008. It was beautiful when they unveiled the Wildcat for the first time, and we got to see Ronnie Brown shred the Patriots.

Only a fan since 2000, but I can't get the Ronnie Brown Vs. New England game out of my mind and the frustrated & bewildered look on Bellicheats face.... priceless.

I also thought that Chad Pennington was a class act that year.

Only a fan since 2000, but I can't get the Ronnie Brown Vs. New England game out of my mind and the frustrated & bewildered look on Bellicheats face.... priceless.

I also thought that Chad Pennington was a class act that year.

Chad Pennington wa s class act every year. Still is.

1984. Saw every game but one (San Diego). Went to the Raiders game that year (they lost of course :lol: ). Great year tho, I really thought Miami would win the SB. Oh well.

I was born in 77 and I think I was witnessing what would be Miami’s best season of my lifetime when Marino tore his Achilles in game 5 vs Cleveland. Marino was gonna pass for 4,000+ yards, 30+ TD’s and I’ll forever maintain that was the most talented team from top to bottom that I’ve ever seen. They were 4-1 when Marino went down and were still good enough to get to 9-2 once the wheels came off.

So much of Marino’s brilliant career was stifled with bad luck and timing. I’m still convinced that had Marino stayed healthy, that’s a team that finishes 13-3 and could have competed against any NFC team in the SB.

Back
Top Bottom