our biggest weakness is quarterback!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

our biggest weakness is quarterback!!!!

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
as of right now our starting quarterback is our weakest position. We do not know how good feeley will be. We do not know if he will be a superstar or a bust. For him not to beat out Jay Fiedler makes me skeptical about him. At the end of the season last year we saw some great starts from him. Quarterback is the most important position in football. They are what guides the entire offense. Without a great quarterback it is hard to win a superbowl. There is exceptions such as Dilfer with baltimore but that is rare.
You look at the last superbowl winners, they have good quarterbacks. Brady and Kurt Warner in his prime are examples. Now for us to start winning we need a quarterback that can manage the game. AJ Feeley may not be a brady or kurt warner(in his prime) but he has the tools to be a pro bowl quarterback. We saw some great things for Feeley when he had time to throw the ball. Hopefully with an improved line he will be even better.
.....If Feeley does not play up to his potential this year we need to draft a quarterback. All I am asking from Feeley is for my sake and other fans to be a big step above fiedler. Our team does not have 5 years to waste with a terrible quarterback. We have a great defense that may not be intact for much longer.

finsgonewild said:
as of right now our starting quarterback is our weakest position. We do not know how good feeley will be. We do not know if he will be a superstar or a bust. For him not to beat out Jay Fiedler makes me skeptical about him. At the end of the season last year we saw some great starts from him. Quarterback is the most important position in football. They are what guides the entire offense. Without a great quarterback it is hard to win a superbowl. There is exceptions such as Dilfer with baltimore but that is rare.
You look at the last superbowl winners, they have good quarterbacks. Brady and Kurt Warner in his prime are examples. Now for us to start winning we need a quarterback that can manage the game. AJ Feeley may not be a brady or kurt warner(in his prime) but he has the tools to be a pro bowl quarterback. We saw some great things for Feeley when he had time to throw the ball. Hopefully with an improved line he will be even better.
.....If Feeley does not play up to his potential this year we need to draft a quarterback. All I am asking from Feeley is for my sake and other fans to be a big step above fiedler. Our team does not have 5 years to waste with a terrible quarterback. We have a great defense that may not be intact for much longer.

the only reason A.J. didn't start the whole season was because wanny and Fiedler were lovers

We won't be giving AJ Feeley 4 1/2 years like we did for Jay Fiedler. Feeley will get his chance this season if he beats out Gus Frerotte in Training Camp. If he does beat out Gus, this year will be his chance to show us whether or not he's good enough to be a starter or not. If not... we'll look elsewhere in FA or through the draft. Omar Jacobs is someone I think we should look into IF we're in any position, I don't think we will be. I agree with you Quarterback is one of the most important positions in football, no doubt. I also agree that with AJ and Gus competing for starting job (both below average QB's at best), that QB is one of our biggest weakness's right now (along with DT, possible offensive line, FS, etc. etc.) AJ will get his chance this year if he beats out Gus, then we'll see if what he has to offer. If not... we'll have to go into a different direction.

i think feeley will do ok this season...but next draft we will draft a quaterback no matter how good he does.

finsgonewild said:
You also described our running game in your first 3 or 4 sentences

finsgonewild said:

I wonder how good Kurt Warner (no mobility) would have looked in our offense last year? Remember, his best 2 years he had Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Az-hakim, Ricky Proehl and a pretty good offensive line.

QB is our biggest QUESTION MARK not biggest weakness

finsgonewild said:

"Someone take his posting privileges away!"

:evil:

PhinSoldia said:
QB is our biggest QUESTION MARK not biggest weakness
:yeahthat: and o-line is still a huge question. I haven't seen houck turn ****e to gld quite yet.. :D

Pienso que A.J feely comenzará QB. Pero con esperanza después de próximo año. ¡Este se cambiará!

Our biggest weakness is Quaterback.

WHAT AN ASTUTE OBSERVATION.

finsgonewild said:

Well, Feeley was not given the chance to beat out Ears....Wanny decided that Ears was going to be his QB way back in March or April...That being said...this season relies more on our OL performing better than the QBs performing better...How much of Feeley's struggles were due to him running for his life most plays ?? Realistically, if AJ or Ferrotte have time, and RB has holes to run thru...we'll have a much better season than last year...

WestVirginiaFan said:
Pienso que A.J feely comenzará QB. Pero con esperanza después de próximo año. ¡Este se cambiará!
que? :roflmao:

no but really to call feely the bigest weekness is a joke. if u watch tapes from last year it will show u that most of his pics were thrown while under extraordinary amounts of pressure that most qbs dont even have nightmares about. Mark my words ANY QB EVEN PAYTON MANNING TOM BRADY AND DARE I SAY IT DAN MARINO WOULD HAVE LOOKED BAD IN OUR OFFENSE LAST YEAR.

Back
Top Bottom