our chances of getting ty law our improving | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

our chances of getting ty law our improving

jd13 said:
just saw on kffl that cleveland is not likely to sign him...i believe that leaves miami, indy, pitt, jax, kc and det...jason cole has said that the longer this plays out the better it is for the dolphins...most likely he will sign a 1 year deal with whomever he signs...the big advantage that we have is that he has a house 10 minutes from dolphin camp...he already knows the defense...he would be in the same division as his former team and theres no state income tax...

KC in the running?

Am I the only one who wonders how in the heck KC is under the salary cap?

jd13 said:
just saw on kffl that cleveland is not likely to sign him...i believe that leaves miami, indy, pitt, jax, kc and det...jason cole has said that the longer this plays out the better it is for the dolphins...most likely he will sign a 1 year deal with whomever he signs...the big advantage that we have is that he has a house 10 minutes from dolphin camp...he already knows the defense...he would be in the same division as his former team and theres no state income tax...

The Jets were a big player as well.......

Although he may just sign for a year, Pittsburgh will offer more money then Miami. The Steelers are ready for another Superbowl run (especially with Bettis on his last legs) and Law may very well be one of the missing peices.

if it's a one year deal, money won't enter into the picture.. IMO he would chose to stay close to home, only living 10 min's from the Dolphins facility, and then go for the big $$ next year with a long term deal.. I don't see teams giving up the big $$ for one year for a player they know is injury prone and may only give them one year of service... a minimum one year tender seems more likely!

fishfan34 said:
if it's a one year deal, money won't enter into the picture.. IMO he would chose to stay close to home, only living 10 min's from the Dolphins facility, and then go for the big $$ next year with a long term deal.. I don't see teams giving up the big $$ for one year for a player they know is injury prone and may only give them one year of service... a minimum one year tender seems more likely!
I'm not sure he would sign anything less than a 2 million dollar deal for one year.

Do you have a guess as to what he would want?

Chiefs corner Julian Battle tore his achilles, I think the Chiefs will now try to sign Law or one of the other FA corners.

TY Law would be a great addition to the DOlphin secondary not only as a starter but as a guide to our younger Corners in Travis Daniels and Will Poole, a one year deal is all he needs to show people he can still play and i doubt any team would sign him for more then that he has to prove that injury hasnt ruined him

jd13 said:

cotls should pick him up

cuz of mmaning

Just read
-Miami has biggest interest but 1 year deal
-KC has been out since Surtain's trade.
-Detroit picked up McQuarters
-Indy can only go a 1 year deal IF Edge restructures
-Jets if Abrams retires
-Cleveland maybe not-Winslow's agent is Law's agent.....
-Jax- Denies interest
-Pitt Denies interest

So, unless something changes, looks like Miami can definitely end up with him.

Pocoloco said:
Although he may just sign for a year, Pittsburgh will offer more money then Miami. The Steelers are ready for another Superbowl run (especially with Bettis on his last legs) and Law may very well be one of the missing peices.

Yea, missing with an injury when it's time to play for all of the cookies!

Back
Top Bottom