our chances of getting ty law our improving | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

our chances of getting ty law our improving

jd13

Starter
Reaction score
just saw on kffl that cleveland is not likely to sign him...i believe that leaves miami, indy, pitt, jax, kc and det...jason cole has said that the longer this plays out the better it is for the dolphins...most likely he will sign a 1 year deal with whomever he signs...the big advantage that we have is that he has a house 10 minutes from dolphin camp...he already knows the defense...he would be in the same division as his former team and theres no state income tax...

Excellent points JD. The lack of state income tax could also play into the dynamic. And I'm not sure Detroit is interested anymore, since they got McQuarters.

At this point I really do put it at 50/50 that he'll be a Dolphin. Excellent job by our front office to wait him out and stare him down, too.

ckparrothead said:
Excellent points JD. The lack of state income tax could also play into the dynamic. And I'm not sure Detroit is interested anymore, since they got McQuarters.

At this point I really do put it at 50/50 that he'll be a Dolphin. Excellent job by our front office to wait him out and stare him down, too.

Saban has done a great job of that so far. The Surtain trade is an excellent example. He set his price, walked away and waited until they were willing to pay what he wanted.

man it would be huge if we could scoop up Law for a one year deal. That would give us until next year to go after a long term starter & really help to solidify this years secondary

i believe the jets are not interested anymore because donnie abraham is not going to retire....

Dolphann4life said:
man it would be huge if we could scoop up Law for a one year deal. That would give us until next year to go after a long term starter & really help to solidify this years secondary

and see how Poole is rehabing and if Daniels is the real thing.

With the recent revelations re: Howard, I can not help but think we are telling Law that if he takes our current 1 year offer and performs, we will have the money to offer him a longer (think 3-year) deal in the future. Being that he loves SoFla, the longer he remains an UFA the closer we come to his taking the 1-year offer, particularly if we have made him aware that we will have money freed up in the future to spend on a CB.

When this whole "Sign ty Law" saga began I thought it was rediulous. Like Saban says "this is'nt fantasy football".

But as Law sits at home with no takers I think it is becoming as more realistic option.

We're in pretty good cap shape. Law signing a one year deal to come here is beginning to make a lot of sense for him.

He gets to play in a corner friendly system for a defensive minded coach. He'll get the chance to prove he is healthy as well.

I know he wants the big payday but it does'nt look like is coming anytime soon. Unless another team (i.e. Jaguars, Chiefs) swoops in with a long term contract offer I think the Law signing could happen....and would'nt that be a coup?

i hope Law has a thorn in his side about the patriots not seeming loyal to him. Maybe he'll want to get back at them. That'd be nice.

jd13 said:
just saw on kffl that cleveland is not likely to sign him...i believe that leaves miami, indy, pitt, jax, kc and det...jason cole has said that the longer this plays out the better it is for the dolphins...most likely he will sign a 1 year deal with whomever he signs...the big advantage that we have is that he has a house 10 minutes from dolphin camp...he already knows the defense...he would be in the same division as his former team and theres no state income tax...

He'll end up signing with the steelers

they desperately need him...since there DBs is the weakest part of there team

What would it take to get him for one year.....3mil?? 2mil?? 4mill??

jd13 said:
i believe that leaves miami, indy, pitt, jax, kc and det...
Miami- possible, not offering the long-term contract he wants.
Indianapolis- Need him the most, he's practically handed the starting job, I'm just not sure they have the money to sign him. Their offense probably takes up 80% of their salary cap.
Pittsburgh- Ty's hometown, they need a cornerback pretty badly. This is one of the more possible places, in my opinion.
Jacksonville- didn't even know they were interested, according to Adam Schefter it was down to Miami, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh
Kansas City- How much money can they spend in one offseason? Their secondary improved drastically with Surtain and Knight, as great as having Ty Law opposite Surtain it might not make sense money-wise.
Detroit- just signed RW McQuarters and Dre Bly is still a good corner, unless they paid McQuarters all that money to be a backup I don't see this happening.

I saw some article/rumour(not sure which or where i saw it on the internet) saying that Curtis Martin has been tryin to convince him to play for the jets.(not that it means alot) Outta the list above the Jets and Steelers seem more likely than Miami depending on contracts.

Back
Top Bottom