Our Corner Back situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Corner Back situation

Ozzy

Premium Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins better take a quick hard look at signing Bryant Westbrooks. Especially if Surtain will miss ANY amount of time. He is an upgrade over the oft burned Fletcher. And IMO if Fletcher will ever be a decent corner, he needs to learn a lot more. Let his butt play the Dime package!

Man I wished I could have slapped him a couple of times. Him and BATES TOO!!!!!!!

A LOT of mixed emotions here. Fletch was obviously not getting the job done, BUT he was being asked to cover Marvin F. Harrison - a job only Sam Madison has been able to do over the past 4 years. Bates waited until the final 3 mins before putting Sam on Harrison (Sam's biotch). Thank goodness we don't have to face M. Harrison very often and we don't have to do it without Pat. Fletch isn't up to THAT job. I'm willing to cut him some slack based upon it being Bates throwing him out there, ALL ALONE, and NO ONE other than Sam is able to shut Harrison down.

Well, we saw that TRENT GAMBLE is ahead of RAY GREEN on passing downs. Certainly, we need to sign SOMEBODY ASAP. We've already got 6 CBs on the roster. And that says a lot. But there's no doubt that Speilman's periscope is up for a CB.

Bring in Westbrook. He is our kind of "press corner". I felt that Wanny would see what happened this week, before he made a move to bring in another CB.

Why he's a limping injury...

Originally posted by Ozzy
The Dolphins better take a quick hard look at signing Bryant Westbrooks. Especially if Surtain will miss ANY amount of time. He is an upgrade over the oft burned Fletcher. And IMO if Fletcher will ever be a decent corner, he needs to learn a lot more. Let his butt play the Dime package!

Man I wished I could have slapped him a couple of times. Him and BATES TOO!!!!!!!

fletch did have a pick...he is what he is...a 3rd cb...i really hope surtain will be able to play next week...and i blame bates for not putting madson on harrison immediately after surtain went down...

Originally posted by scotgif
Bring in Westbrook. He is our kind of "press corner". I felt that Wanny would see what happened this week, before he made a move to bring in another CB.

Westbrook has had some problems this year, but when you see a Safety come in the game before our 4th corner does, Westbrook would have to be an upgrade somewhere. My feeling is that he would provide some needed relief of pressure off Fletcher.

I feel for the kid, but man this is go time. Last week I thought he was in much better position. Harrison had much to do with that, but now that's just what teams will be looking for, #21.

Coles, Moss, Chrebet, Kennison, Morton, Gonzalez, Brown, Patton, McCaffrey, Smith, Moulds, Price, and Josh Reed are the Wr's we face in the next 6 games, and if Surtain is going to miss any of these all I'm saying is that some help is needed.

And in the cover two, if you can't stop the run, you cheat a safety up, which leaves someone out on an Island.

Man I'd even like to see them adjust the corners on every play, they just cannot leave Fletcher without help, he is just not ready........enough

Hey you can only learn by playing. Nobody comes out of college looking like Deion Sanders. It took Madison & Surtain each a year & a half to get good. Give the kid a chance.

I don't know if Fletcher will get better but he's not good enough to cover top WRs yet. However, Bryant Westbrook is not necessarily the answer. In fact, he's not necessarily even better than Fletcher...

Right now the report is that BW has lost his confidence..maybe a change in scenary could change this...but i think his psychee is a little ***ile right now and this would not be a good time to put him under more pressure of this division..the jets, pats, and bills have excellent receivers,,plus the non divisional games have great receivers..Flech will just have to learn the hard way..hopefully our O gives him some learning room//

I never really understood the "lost his confidence" reasoning/excuse. What does that mean? It seems to me that in this league where everyone is top notch or better, everyone is both a couple of plays from "losing his confidence" and gaining it all. The game at this level is mostly mental for everyone and putting a press cover man into a press cover scheme seems like it would do wonders for anyone's confidence. The real question is: Does the man have talent? The physical tools? I don't know much about Westbrook, but if he does, I say sign him quick. Fletch might have a future but at this point, that's all we're gonna get from him.

To be the best you have to beat the best......but before that, you get beat by the best.

Let's hope Jamar AND Bates learned something from this game....

As far as Westbrook is concerned...an achilles injury would screw up his back-pedal...... then his confidence.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Hey you can only learn by playing. Nobody comes out of college looking like Deion Sanders. It took Madison & Surtain each a year & a half to get good. Give the kid a chance.

Oh I'm more than willing to give him a chance, but I still think another Veteran would be a huge help.

I really liked the drafting of Fletcher, and want the best for him, at least as long as he is a Dolphin.

But he could have played better, IMO

Back
Top Bottom