Our Current Depth Chart, via ESPN | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Current Depth Chart, via ESPN

slow down.
Agreed. We will win no more than 6-7 games this year. Our time comes in 2021. Bunch of cap space next year plus 4 more high picks. Living in the Philly area, I've heard so much about the Sixers "process". We're following a process too, so we need to be patient.

QBRBTEWROLDL/EdgeLBDBSPT
RudockBallageGesickiParkerDavisC. HarrisMcMillanMcCainHaack
FitzpatrickCoxSmytheGrantDeiterGodchauxBakerHowardSanders
RosenGaskinMyarickFordCalhounNetoEguaveonTankersleyFerguson
TagovailoaLairdRobertsWilsonIsidoraWilkinsVan GinklePerry
3​
4​
TurnerSterkLouisDavenportMossBiegelRowe
Howard
5​
WilliamsSutherlandCharltonT. HarrisNeedham
BriedaHurnsPankeySielerCrawfordWebster
7​
Jennings JrFlowersOgbahMunsonParker
HollinsKarrasLawsonVan NoyLewis
PerryJacksonDavisGrugier HillColbert
ColeHuntStrowbridgeRobertsBrooks
MerritKindleyWeaverJohnsonHayes
12​
StanleyJones
12​
By. Jones
KaitmayerRenderFejedelem
14​
LimaIgbinoghene
15​
Br. Jones
Frazier
17​

*update roster 4/27 (89 players)

I am very curious to see how the snaps are divided up with all these new DL/LB we got in free agency and the draft.

Ogbah and Lawson have played all over the place from 5 tech to 7 tech and Ogbah also played OLB in a 3-4. It would seem that Ogbah would get the nod at one of the DE spots (5 tech) in a 3-4 but some of the depth charts have Lawson at 34 DE as well which I know he played before but that contract almost tells me they like him at OLB/Edge.

If you just look at the 3-4 alignment...

DE Ogbah/Strowbridge
NT Godchaux/ Davis
DE Wilkins/Sieler

OLB Lawson/Biegel/Trent Harris
ILB McMillan/Roberts
ILB Baker/Grugier-Hill
OLB Van Noy/Van Ginkel/ Weaver

That's 16 players between DL and LB.

(I don't think Taco or Charles Harris makes the team this year.)

In the 4-3....

DE Lawson
DT Godchaux
DT Wilkins
DE Van Noy

SLB Baker
MLB McMillan
WLB Roberts

Ogbah is probably rotational on the interior and edge but of course it will all come down to who plays better for who gets the most snaps. There are a lot of new faces and heavy investments. Not sure who will win more snaps at ILB with newly signed Roberts to go along with Baker and McMillan. I'm sure Roberts sees the field more on passing downs...and of course you got a guy like Equavoen out there too who played outside and inside.

They spent a 5th on Van Ginkel and then turned around and spent on LB's in FA after extending Biegel as well.

Who will be the guys who stand out and win snaps? One thing is for certain, our depth is pretty nice on defense.

I was surprised we drafted Brandon Jones where we did after missing out on 6 other nice safeties. Can he beat out McCain at FS or Rowe at SS?

Looks like Igbinogene is the slot defender/nickel corner.

I am very curious to see how the snaps are divided up with all these new DL/LB we got in free agency and the draft.

Ogbah and Lawson have played all over the place from 5 tech to 7 tech and Ogbah also played OLB in a 3-4. It would seem that Ogbah would get the nod at one of the DE spots (5 tech) in a 3-4 but some of the depth charts have Lawson at 34 DE as well which I know he played before but that contract almost tells me they like him at OLB/Edge.

If you just look at the 3-4 alignment...

DE Ogbah/Strowbridge
NT Godchaux/ Davis
DE Wilkins/Sieler

OLB Lawson/Biegel/Trent Harris
ILB McMillan/Roberts
ILB Baker/Grugier-Hill
OLB Van Noy/Van Ginkel/ Weaver

That's 16 players between DL and LB.

Davis is a 3, not a 1, and I think he is a day 1 starter.

I wouldn't mind adding two vets to the roster round out things for a few years until longer term options can be added. Damon Harrison at NG and Devonta Freeman at rb. Harrison is a bit older than I prefer, 31, but he should have a couple years left in the tank. Freeman would be nice as a 3rd rb option and someone who could carry a load or just be 3rd down back.. nice insurance with Breida and Howard. I think both players would make Miami a tougher opponent in 2020.

I was surprised we drafted Brandon Jones where we did after missing out on 6 other nice safeties. Can he beat out McCain at FS or Rowe at SS?

I don't know if McCain or Rowe could hold off either Steven Parker or Adrian Colbert.

McCain has no business playing Safety. Ever.

He should be a back up safety and a back up nickel if he makes the team.

I don't know if McCain or Rowe could hold off either Steven Parker or Adrian Colbert.

McCain has no business playing Safety. Ever.

He should be a back up safety and a back up nickel if he makes the team.
Of course Brandon Jones beats out McCain at FS, I don’t know that McCain has a spot on our roster. I think his best chance is backup Nickel behind Iggy. I think Kavon Frazier takes his backup safety position from him. I think our safety’s go FS1 - Brandon Jones FS2 - Kavon Frazier SS1 - Rowe SS2 - Fejedelem. Possibly Colbert making the team as insurance. I think McCain maybe makes the team as backup Nickel, but odds are he gets cut. Steven Parker also gets cut but will quickly be picked up by another team.

McCain could be cap casualty OR trade bait.

McCain and Rosen to Jaguars For Free Safety or Offensive Tackle/Guard.

McCain could be cap casualty OR trade bait.

McCain and Rosen to Jaguars For Free Safety or Offensive Tackle/Guard.
Still trying to trade Rosen huh?
How can I help you come to terms with him being on the team.

Does anyone believe Ballage still has a roster spot?
FloCo seemed to put up with him a lot last year. I would hate to lose a laird or gaskin in order to continue with ballage.

I can’t imagine Davenport starting at LT

All LBs, especially a pass rushing LB, safety, WR, RB, and depth to both lines will be our needs going into next offseason.
Currently, our run D and secondary should be able to vault us into the 12-16 range for overall D. Getting a solid pass rush can easily put us in the 5-10 area.
As a fan since the early 80s, I’ve never seen the team rebuild and I have to admit, it’s pretty exciting.
The development and health of Tua still remains the key to becoming a championship contender.
Fins up!!!

Back
Top Bottom