Our db's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our db's

surtain is better or ...

madison is better depends on what you value. Madison is the better cover corner. He is better at taking a wr out of the game. Surtain is the more versatile, complete player. He can play slot or outside and is a better tackler.

Some people feel the best cover guy is the best cb. This is not universal, however, I remember hearing Bill Parcells say that Miami's weakness was that their cbs aren't good in run support (last season). He also talked about how he always looked for cbs with superior run support for his teams. Now I feel that that B.P. lets his biases show through in his analysis, but the value of a cbs other skills (beyond coverage) can't be ignored.

So who is better? I don't know, but each guy has areas of their game which are superior to the others.

I not sure where this Sam M. can't this or that..but one thing I know for sure..is whatever side Sam is on..that side is shut down for Qb's period..this game is the best and toughest for Sam because Harrison..they are a great match up for each other. If speedster Moss..didn't have a bunch of catches on Sam..and Moss is way faster, but Sam is way smarter.

Moss has zero catches on Madison. We rarely faced him last year. Are you talking about Coles??

I guess it all depends on what you look for. Personally, I'll sacrifice the run support if it means that one side of the field is on lockdown. I like guys like Deion better than guys like Quentin Jammer.

Madison is 6 miilion dollars worth of pass interference. He holds Harrison every play and Marvin still gets 5-10 catches on him for over 100 yards.

Madison is a very good corner, but I agree with most of you that don't like paying a DB that much.

I heard Madison say once that he holds on every play from the start so that by the end of the game the refs are use to the contact and they don't throw the flag. It's brilliant really and you have to give Madison a lot of credit for being so smart.

I think you're talking about Surtain (guarding Harrison). The Colts usually line him up on Pat.

No one can deny Madison's instincts. He lacks atheltic ability. But his instincts are second to none.

Well Muck,

You guys have 2 very good corners in Surtain and Madison. I am jealous! ;) From what I have noticed you guys usually mix it up on who is covering Harrison. Both of them hold and get away with it better then anyone in the NFL. They have made it into an art.

Which is also a thing that the Dallas offense had with Norv turner that the Colts don't- respect. The refs will not throw a flag on teams that we play, but they will throw it if we push off. That is for sure. Do you remember how many pass interference calls that Dallas use to get and how many Irvin got away with himself? We don't get that kind of respect for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom