Our db's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our db's

Dolfan3454

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In 1992 we drafted troy vincent...how did we lose him? imagine a defensive backfield of surtain madison marion and vincent

He left as a FA because we couldn't afford him.

He left when JJ came...

... to Miami. JJ couldn't match what the Eagles were offering. Plus Troy was a Shu's guy, I doubt he liked JJ much.

Oliver...

Originally posted by ThomasOwnsYou
In 1992 we drafted troy vincent...how did we lose him? imagine a defensive backfield of surtain madison marion and vincent

at this point i would rather have him then madison because...
1. madison is always hurt
2. Madison can't tackle
3. madison cost to damn much :fire:

Sam's cap hit is $6 million this season before any restructuring took place. You have to spend money on areas and the fact that our money is tied up in 2DB's, LB, DE and in less $$$ a DT. Those are great places to have your money spent to have top notch talent.

Simply put we would not have been #1 against the pass without Madison last year. We would have been lucky to be top 10.

Madison is the best corner in the league, can tackle, and I would rather have him than Troy Vincent who also makes a lot of money.

2. Madison can't tackle

allright were going to have to cut you off soon! cant tackle? ive got tapes that say your way off again. always hurt? well if he intercepts peyton manning and stops marvin harrision from scoring a go ahead TD, then i would say it was worth it to lose him for a few games. me thinks you are way to ahead of yourself here. and what in you mind thinks that sam maidson wants to play anywhere else? i would think he would take a cap friendly restructuring. 2 guys who will be gone next year and save us big money are rogers and ruddy. if the top four want more money than what they are getting now, then i would say good riddens! see ya! we will just find another adewale ogunleye! But i dont see that happening. the media has no clue what they are talking about cus they dont know what is going on on the inside. they never have and they never will. if you look at the history of what wannspiel have done, they will not be having problems with Zach, JT, surtain, and Madison.

Madison is a great player but he's only our 2nd best CB.

Surtain is better in coverage, he's more physical and a better tackler, and he's probably the best CB in the league at covering the slot WR.

It's a nice luxury to have two outstanding QB's.

Madison was only hurt once, and missed 2 or 3 games, and still made the Pro Bowl (even though it is a joke.) Madison is rarely ever injured, and he is much better in coverage than Surtain.

2. Madison can't tackle

That sounds more like Vincent than Madison. :lol:

Yes. Vincent is not the healthiest in the world. He got hurt down the stretch and it cost them against the Rams. And right now, he's currently not 100% either. Game-time decision.

And I can't believe somebody else went there (Surtain better in coverage). Completely baseless. It's drives me nuts.

I sometimes think "experts" refer to Surtain as the "better" cornerback (regarding Madison) because they're trying to show that they have some sort of inside or special knowledge. While I love Surtain and his game, and I hope he stays a Dolphin for life, Madison is the better corner. Period.

Originally posted by finfan54

allright were going to have to cut you off soon! cant tackle? ive got tapes that say your way off again. always hurt? well if he intercepts peyton manning and stops marvin harrision from scoring a go ahead TD, then i would say it was worth it to lose him for a few games. me thinks you are way to ahead of yourself here. and what in you mind thinks that sam maidson wants to play anywhere else? i would think he would take a cap friendly restructuring. 2 guys who will be gone next year and save us big money are rogers and ruddy. if the top four want more money than what they are getting now, then i would say good riddens! see ya! we will just find another adewale ogunleye! But i dont see that happening. the media has no clue what they are talking about cus they dont know what is going on on the inside. they never have and they never will. if you look at the history of what wannspiel have done, they will not be having problems with Zach, JT, surtain, and Madison.
he sucks at tackling he is prolly the worse tacklin corner in the league

Sam is the BEST! Ask the opposing QB's. Or better yet, let them show come game time. They don't throw at Sam near as much as Surtain. When Sam gets burned, it's BIG news.

There should be 2 new stats for QB's:

1. Passes thrown within 15 yds. of Sam Madison that weren't intercepted.
2. Passes thrown at Sam Madison that were caught by his receiver(s). (Highly coveted among QB's)

As far as tackling, I've seen No. 29 nail plenty of RB's at or behind the line on sweeps and screens. You'd see him in there a lot more if Zach would get the hell out of his way. :lol:

Thanks for the backup fellas. Sam is the better CB. PERIOD. For all the Surtain hypers.....would you say that Surtain's a better CB that DEION SANDERS?? Deion wasn't a great tackler. Hell, he even said that he didn't like to hit and tackle. All he did was cover people. And yet he is considered the greatest CB of his era (best ever IMO).

Back
Top Bottom