Our Defense blew chunks today!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Defense blew chunks today!!

SWS84

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Our pass defense didn't make one frigging play! Without being able to see the whole field it's hard to tell who was stinking it up out there, but from what I did see, I would have to say Freeman!!

I might be in favor of a roster change and have Wooden start instead. I just haven't seen any plays from Freeman. I know most will blame Fletcher, but even good corners get burned once in a while, right Sam Madison?

If we are going to do anything this year, especially late in the season than we need our defense to play better than we did today!

I put a lot of blame on Fletcher. He is a bust. Freeman was terrible too. Three words if we want to beat New England: Play Patrick Surtain

the Chiefs knew we were thin as DB and they were right. Freeman is a solid run support SS, but so-so coverage man similar to a young Brock. He deserves a second chance since Wooden is an even worse cover guy. Fact is, without Surtain, we needed a monster pass rush and we did not get it consistently or at all statistically. We needed to play 4 S in the dime package and only 2 CBs and that is tough ag. a very potent passing attack :(

We missed Surtain and like last year we are missing a J.T complement.

Some people around here say not keeping Richmond Webb was Wanny's biggest mistake. I say not finding a way to keep Armstrong was our biggest mistake.

Actually the biggest problem today was no pass rush. When you do not get a sack against a 2nd rate clown at the qb posistion, and also twice allow him to scramble for over 10 yards on a play, that is absolutely pathetic.
The safety play granted was not great, however Gonzalez would make any safety(including the Ronnie Lott of 1988) look bad when he is on. A change is unwarrented at the posistion.
It's possible today that the defense over concentrated on the running game and to some extent they did control Priest Holmes pretty well.

Originally posted by mf52dolphin
Actually the biggest problem today was no pass rush. When you do not get a sack against a 2nd rate clown at the qb posistion, and also twice allow him to scramble for over 10 yards on a play, that is absolutely pathetic.
you are correct - Green is a guy that will throw the ball to the other team once you starting hitting. If you let him walk away with a clean jersey, you are gonna have trouble w/anyone with Gonzo and Morton and Holmes

We need to give the Chiefs credit!

We shut down the run and said, Trent Green is going to have to beat us and he did. He played probably one of his best games.

The Chiefs said, we have a good lead and Jay Feildler is going to have to beat us and Jay threw FOUR (not three ;) ) interceptions!

The Chiefs defense deserves some credit for catching the ball when Jay threw it to them. Nice job, Chiefs "D", but the game ball needs to go to Trent Green for a very complete game without any mistakes!

The filthy jock needs to go to Jay Feidler for some sloppy play.

Hey I think we paniked in the 2nd half. without running the ball we can't use play action. I kinda liked the fact we got rolled today, this team was maybe getting a bit over confident. This is a good wake up call w/ N.E. and Den. on the horizon.

I hope Dixon is not too badly hurt, but he sure looked like it going off the field. They always report any injury as a sprain before the really know what's wrong ( something to report).

How many times did we rush 3 and drop every one else? We should have been hitting Green all game and had him as gun shy as Testaverde was last week. Blitz for God's sake. I didn't think Jamar was that bad either, but anybody looks good when they have all day.

Get ready for N.E.:yell: :evil: :fire:

Originally posted by JAGFISH
Hey I think we paniked in the 2nd half. without running the ball we can't use play action. I kinda liked the fact we got rolled today, this team was maybe getting a bit over confident. This is a good wake up call w/ N.E. and Den. on the horizon.

I hope Dixon is not too badly hurt, but he sure looked like it going off the field. They always report any injury as a sprain before the really know what's wrong ( something to report).

How many times did we rush 3 and drop every one else? We should have been hitting Green all game and had him as gun shy as Testaverde was last week. Blitz for God's sake. I didn't think Jamar was that bad either, but anybody looks good when they have all day.

Get ready for N.E.:yell: :evil: :fire:
Brady and NE are 100% better than KC, particularly on the OL. If we get no pressure on Brady - and it will be tough - we are in trouble, except that it is at home ;)

Originally posted by SWS84
Our pass defense didn't make one frigging play! Without being able to see the whole field it's hard to tell who was stinking it up out there, but from what I did see, I would have to say Freeman!!

I might be in favor of a roster change and have Wooden start instead. I just haven't seen any plays from Freeman. I know most will blame Fletcher, but even good corners get burned once in a while, right Sam Madison?

If we are going to do anything this year, especially late in the season than we need our defense to play better than we did today!

I think it was more Fletcher out there...I think Freeman played solid, nothing great just solid.

Back
Top Bottom