Our "defense" isn't old!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our "defense" isn't old!!!

ZT is living off yesterday's accomplishments? So he DIDN'T LEAD the League in Tackles? he didn't make All-Pro? He didn't make the NFL-Alumni All-Pro team?

if you think ZT is living off of yesterday's accomplishments...then anything you posted has little or no credibility.

That's pretty much all of his posts.

Samuel and Briggs... I think everyone in the NFL is high on them but the reality is both will probably be tagged.

Either way with 18 mil under the cap and 1/3rd of the roster FA you would not have the cash to sign one let alone both of them

Dude...what are you talking about. We are way under 18 mil under the cap. Do your homework. You cannot take the projected cap number as it is today and call that our cap when FA starts. Thats ludicrous. A couple of guys taking up nearly 20 mil in cap space will be cut, restructured, etc, and our cap room will be plenty to get players.

Now if I am those guys, I don't know that I would want to come here, but you never know.

No you're not being attacked, but as a Bills fan, why are you here? The site is called FINHEAVEN-a site dedicated to the MIAMI DOLPHINS

Also, you can take Tampafinsfan with you to your boards. He'd fit right in because all he does is bash the Dolphins.

:rolleyes:

he's here because he is a fan of one of our rivals. I like having Bills, Jets, and Pats fans here (as long as they're not just trolling) because it adds some variety to the discussions.

Every team will have alot of cap money so I don't see many quality guys not getting resigned or tagged. Given that I would expect more trades this year. I also think that makes the draft much more important. Miami's D is in good shape. We have needs like most teams - (LB, and DB) but we are in good shape with alot of youth behind some of the vets. I think the MVP of most teams this offseason because of all of the cap room will be the GM's that can find the middle of the road vet that can come in & fit the system as well as the practice squad type of guy who can come in and be a role player and be groomed to be a starter. Too much money for all teams to be able to change your roster much via FA.

Depends on who the coach/GM is. If we bring in a new guy, he may want to jettison these old guys and bring in a slew of new guys and not spend big money on FA this off season.

We cannot even speculate until we get a FO in place. Then we'll see how they approach the cap the avenues they take in rebuilding.

Yes last number I seen had you guys at about 18 mil. With around 15 FA to sign.

Now that being said. Asante will get the exact same payday that Nate Lands do not think you will get him much cheaper. And Briggs is the most wanted LB it will take a big payday to land him as well.

Not to mention it will be hard to bring in big name FA in MIA after what has happened in the past 4 weeks.

If we get the right coach with the right objectives, players coming to Miami will not be a problem. If we bandaid the problem, then players coming won't matter because we won't have fixed the structural problems that plague us.

Please, none of the youth on your team could carry the jock strap of any of the vets on the fins, which is why we finished 4th overall on D and the Bills finished 18th overall and 27th against the run. Just because you're young doesn't mean you can play. JT and Zach were the two best players at their positions this year. They will be back next year and their isn't one player on the Bills D that even comes close to their talent, our youth in Crowder, Roth , Daniels, Bell and Allen I'll take over anything the Bills have. Miami has a mix of youth and experience, put our D in Indy and you'd have a SB winner, put Buffalos D in Indy and you'd have an Indy team that needs a D.

If you wouldnt take anything the Bills have over Jason "Jamarfletcher" Allen, then Buffalo is a very sad state of affairs. I doubt thats the case.

What was the Dolphins defensive ranking with that putrid secondary?

Do you see my point now?

We are gonna try to improve our #3 ranked defense.

Rankings don't mean a damn thing. What did the #3 defense get us? A 6-10 record. Please stop bringing up rankings of non playoff teams. Its meaningless.

Our defense is great but if we have a good draft and spend some money keeping our defensive players, we can easily be better next year. The offense needs a miracle, a resurrection.

ZT is living off yesterday's accomplishments? So he DIDN'T LEAD the League in Tackles? he didn't make All-Pro? He didn't make the NFL-Alumni All-Pro team?

if you think ZT is living off of yesterday's accomplishments...then anything you posted has little or no credibility.

Again...Did you watch any of our games this year? ZT made alot of tackles. Alot of them were ten yards downfield.

Let me put our credibility test to you this way...Which MLB would you rather have..Zach Thomas, who led the league in tackles or Ray Lewis, who didn't?

Getting my point now? I don't care how many tackles he had, those tackles surely didn't lead our defense to making the playoffs did it?

No you're not being attacked, but as a Bills fan, why are you here? The site is called FINHEAVEN-a site dedicated to the MIAMI DOLPHINS

Also, you can take Tampafinsfan with you to your boards. He'd fit right in because all he does is bash the Dolphins.

Totally untrue. I tell the truth. The truth right now about the Fins is they aren't very good. You can deny it. You can hate me for it. But its true.

You bashed me when I told the truth about Saban...now your bashing him. Others bashed me when I told the truth about Wannstedt...now EVERYONE bashes him. People didn't like me when I told them JJ was doomed to fail. But guess what? It was true.

I think the Bills fan here crowing about the Bills success is ludicrous. Its like two fat ugly highschool girls that don't get invited to prom arguing about whose better. It doesn't matter. Both franchises are pathetic right now.

That's pretty much all of his posts.

Oh yeah...I was calling Nick Saban out for three months and I have no credibility? I was consistently attacked for being reactionary and everything else...even criticized by you. Who has no credibility?

Oh yeah...I was calling Nick Saban out for three months and I have no credibility? I was consistently attacked for being reactionary and everything else...even criticized by you. Who has no credibility?

No your credibility was lost in bold statements with little or no objective support. It took the final blow when you said JIM HASLETT should be our next coach.

Oh and I have not once bashed Saban for leaving. He did what anyone would do, go where the money is.

And this coming from a Team that these no talent Bills Swept and Shut Out. PLEASE!!!!

So what, like that proves anything??? Daunte was not 100% in the first meeting and didn't play the second, Ricky didn't play in either game and Ronnie didn't play in the second game. Plus our Oline was injured form week one. Yeah, the Bills beat a Dolphins team that was depleated, woopeee!!! Bfore our injuries we were picked to be a playoff team and possible division winner, the Bills weren't even picked to make the playoffs. It's not like we didn't have key injuries and you just flat out beat the best we had to offer. If you beat the Pats twice without Dilion and Brady I would hope you'd be smart enough to figure you didn't beat them at their best, so why wouldn't you think the same about the fins with their top players injured or missing. It's not like Ricky didn't run holly hell all over the Bills in the past.

Why they hell does age have to play into how long a player can play? If the player is still producing great then why cut them? Its just stupid to say a player can't play anymore just because he's old

Back
Top Bottom