Our Draft Picks???????

padolphinfan23

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we have signed any of
them yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
finswin56 said:
I don't think the rookie signing period has begun yet.

You can sign your drafted rookies anytime that you want to.

I would say that either this week or next week the rookies agent will start to talk about contracts.

finswin56 said:

There is no such period..... Actually if you look back didnt the Bengals already have a deal with Palmer before the draft.

finswin56 said:
Yeah, as it has been stated.. there's not set time and quite a few teams have already signed some of their rookies. It really starts to pick up late July and August but as of now we have not signed any of our rookies.

There is no such period..... Actually if you look back didnt the Bengals already have a deal with Palmer before the draft.
yeah that did happen they had a deal before the draft

Some picks from this years drafted already signed but once one gets the slotting going they all fall in line mostly..

keys_finfan said:
yeah that did happen they had a deal before the draft

But that can only happen if you have the number one overall pick. If you don't you have to wait. But I have read that this year negotiations have gone really slow, at this time this year, a lot of 7 rounders and second day picks were signed, and also one 1st rounder (jason Babin of the Texans) so it has been slow, I hope it does not mean that we will have problems.

Quelonio said:
But that can only happen if you have the number one overall pick. If you don't you have to wait. But I have read that this year negotiations have gone really slow, at this time this year, a lot of 7 rounders and second day picks were signed, and also one 1st rounder (jason Babin of the Texans) so it has been slow, I hope it does not mean that we will have problems.

the jets signed there 3rd round pick i beleive. if that means anything.

Only the first pick in the draft can be signed before it. Every other pick has to wait until after he has been drafted.

Draft signings are always slow. It'll start to pick up on Monday but don't expect most first rounders to be signed until a week before camp.

Back
Top Bottom