Our head coach has his eyes on some Strange. :) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our head coach has his eyes on some Strange. :)

I didn't see a thread to post this in, but with our limited picks I think it's important..

I think its legitimate confirmation that we will at least be drafting a tight end with one of our picks.

Nice. The Defense is already looking to be amazing on Paper, use the draft to make the offense even more lethal...Then sit back and enjoy the fun during the season.

Drafting a TE who is block first, catch second removes most of the names on the top of this year's list.
Many, if not most of the highly rated guys will be catch first, indifferent blocking type players.

This is why I'd rather wait a bit to draft a guy. These guys are cheaper.

Drafting a TE who is block first, catch second removes most of the names on the top of this year's list.
Many, if not most of the highly rated guys will be catch first, indifferent blocking type players.

This is why I'd rather wait a bit to draft a guy. These guys are cheaper.
In your opinion Fever does Strange fit that criteria?

In your opinion Fever does Strange fit that criteria?
I do.

So many of the top rated guys have comments that say things like... 'needs work on his run blocking', or 'wasn't asked to do much in the run game'.

Then I come in here and see posters talking up these guys as a 'real' tight end. I know they mean well, but sometimes the logic is shoddy.

I didn't see a thread to post this in, but with our limited picks I think it's important..

I think its legitimate confirmation that we will at least be drafting a tight end with one of our picks.

More legitimately a confirmation that McD is a great guy, that player's really gravitate and open up to, while at the same time being, has the potential to be the best ****in coach we've seen around here since Don Shula. Word's gettin round boyz - everybody's gonna wanna be a Fin! Hahahahaha - love it when this kinda **** happenz!

Last edited:
Honestly thats fine with me. I feel like Gesicki's replacement is Cedric Wilson. We can run more 3WR sets and still have the threat of a zone run, PA short pass, or screen with a TE with that skillset
Agree completely, and I think this is being overlooked. If you look at our WR group from last year, they combined to play about 250% of snaps — meaning we averaged 2.5 WRs on the field.

But Gesicki played about 45% of snaps last season, too. If you believe as many on this board do (myself included) that Gesicki was a tight end in name only, and in fact played slot receiver, then you interpret our 2022 offense last year as a 3-WR base.

That‘s how I see our offense, and I don’t expect us to mess with success. As a result, I don’t really expect Gesicki’s snaps to go to a replacement tight end. I think they’ll go to Wilson or Ezukanma or Berrios—or possibly Tanner Conner. In any event, they’ll go to someone functioning as a slot WR, not a TE.

Our non-Gesicki tight ends last year—Smythe and Hunter Long—only played about 60% of snaps combined. I think that’s unlikely to change next year. So between Smythe, Saubert, and whoever we draft, we’re really only dividing up 60% of snaps, most of which will be run blocking reps.

All of which is to say, I wouldn’t overestimate the importance of our tight end room for next season. Long term I think we need a good tight end to maximize our offense, but for 2023, we’re probably just looking at role players dividing up a little more than half of our offensive snaps.

PSU’s anti-Gesicki….I believe Strange and Gesicki were split like James T Kirk into a receiver and blocker.

Back
Top Bottom