Our Last Preseason Game to be Nationally Televised | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Last Preseason Game to be Nationally Televised

Just hoping it‘s not like the 4th game in the old preseason, bunch of guys you’ve never heard of and will never hear from again
i actually always loved the last preseason game.

all the newbies trying to make the squad.

hoping for that diamond in the rough to emerge.

i go to training camp a lot too, and watch all the newcomers, so....

I think there is two weeks in between the final 3rd preseason game and the 1st regular season game, so starters playing in the third game will have those two weeks to rest.

I think there is two weeks in between the final 3rd preseason game and the 1st regular season game, so starters playing in the third game will have those two weeks to rest.
I didn't know that.

That might change things.

I think the superstition of injuries in a final preseason game may still keep starters out.

will be interesting to see how it plays out. In the past it was typicly starters play 1-2 series week 1, 1 quarter week 2, a half and maybe a series or 2 in the 3rd quarter in week 3 and rest week 4. With only 3 preseason games how will teams adjust? My gut says no more week off for starters. Well technicly they will have a week off between the 3rd preseason game and the regular season openner so really that 4th week is now just a week off for everyone. I doubt teams will want to go with starters for a full quarter week 1, full half week 2 and then have two weeks off before the season openner. My guess is the reserves who normally get most of game 1 and all of game 4will be the losers in the deal and will go from 7 1/2 quarters to catch a coaches eye to aboult 3 quarters.

you think there is any chance at all that they put any starters out there one week before the opener?

Yes.

There are likely to be some unanswered questions about some of our players and a few "starters" may be used in the last preseason game to better evaluate how they play. I see this more with the offensive line for the first quarter - or even the first half, depending on what develops.

We now have a team bursting at the seams with talent going thru their 1st full preseason. There are just a lot of questions in my mind and I suspect a few questions in the coaches minds. Jobs are on the line and nobody wants to make a bad decision on who we keep and who we release.

Yes.

There are likely to be some unanswered questions about some of our players and a few "starters" may be used in the last preseason game to better evaluate how they play. I see this more with the offensive line for the first quarter - or even the first half, depending on what develops.

We now have a team bursting at the seams with talent going thru their 1st full preseason. There are just a lot of questions in my mind and I suspect a few questions in the coaches minds. Jobs are on the line and nobody wants to make a bad decision on who we keep and who we release.
It will be interesting to see.

If it comes down to starting or being let go, that would be quite a thing.

Yes.

I agree that the Oline for the 1st half of of the last game makes sense. No substitute for that group but really time together.

Yes.

There are likely to be some unanswered questions about some of our players and a few "starters" may be used in the last preseason game to better evaluate how they play. I see this more with the offensive line for the first quarter - or even the first half, depending on what develo
I just can't see teams like Miami playing the starters on Aug 21 against the Falcons and then not playing them again until Sept 12 against the Patriots. That's 22 days between games, especially for a young team that needs to play together, gell and just work on their individual skills.

Finally, Miami getting the national recognition it deserves.

I have over on +/- 25 of the cameras zooming in on Tua and Burrow sitting on the benches.
I'll take the over on that brother. Either one individually maybe, but in aggregate .... definitely going to be over. :D

Back
Top Bottom