Our LBs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our LBs

CChambers7284

The Biggest Fins Fan from CT
Reaction score
Now it is obvious that Zach Thomas will be our MLB and Seau will play ROLB but.... who will be our LOLB

The candidates are
-Spragan
-Pope
-Crowder
-Moore
-Ayanbedejo (yeah i said it) haha

and if we play the 3-4 who will our other two LBs be

I would have to say Spragan, maybe a little of Matt Roth at OLB in a 3-4, and on the inside will probably be ZT and Crowder, those would be my guesses....

I'm guessing that our starting LOLB will be either Donnie Spragan or Channing Crowder playing out of position. I would also say that Eddie Moore has a pretty decent chance of starting at LOLB as well. I don't see Derrick Pope because I think he's too undersized, and Brendon Ayabadejo well... he is the MAN! But... he doesn't have a shot, though I LOVED his pick in the New England Monday Night Classic.

I believe Spragan will get the job. Crowder I believe will help split some time with Zach, because he is the heir to the MLB throne.

4-3 I would go with Crowder, but if we play 3-4 I would go with Roth and Taylor

I think Spragen will play the run downs and Crowder shall come in on passing downs to blitz and play inside in the 3-4 configuration 20% of the time.

As soon as Crowder learns the defense second hand, lets say middle of the season, I would start Crowder full time at LOLB and ILB (3-4). Crowder is a great run stuffer which is one of SABANs big goals this season. I would leave him and Zach on the field for all downs.

I would like to see Pope, Crowder, and Spragen get time. I think the toughness that Pope, and Crowder will help give our veterans a spell every once and a while. Maybe Nick is thinking about rotating the Dline, and Linebackers to keep the pressure on the quarterback, and give them different looks as well on what personnel are playing.

Spragan or Moore but I think Crowder will take over quickly. We should have some studs on special teams though

I don't Brendon A will make the roster. Jenkins is bigger and a better fit into the new system. Channing has a good chance of starting. I will not be surprised if more does not make the roster ( I think he will )
Starting I see
Junior
Zach
Donnie
backups
This is where I think we will see major shake ups.
Roth may fill a LB/DE
I think we will see alot of players make the roster who can play 2 pos. on the d side of the ball. I have the whole roster at work. I can't remember how I had it laid out but I can see where some surprising cuts could happen.

In the 3-4 I see
Thomas playing scraper or week side out side
Junior filling one of the inside spots
Channing playing the other inside spot and Roth, Spragan playing the strong side

I swear I heard Jr. tell the media in his interview that Saban has him in a MLB spot. I could have been hearing things. That would put him and Zach in the middle in the 3-4.

I like jr and zach in the middle, and crowder, roth , spragan, and pope rotating on the outside. I think Saban's schemes and rotation will rejuvinate Zach and give Jr. on last decent year.

4-3 LB:
OLB-Seau
MLB-Thomas
OLB-Crowder or Moore

3-4 LB:
OLB-Moore
MLB-Seau
MLB-Thomas
OLB-Spragan

Back
Top Bottom