Our Left Handed Quarterback’s Weapons | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Left Handed Quarterback’s Weapons

Well, hey, if it makes it harder for receivers to catch then it should be harder for DBs to intercept as well! And they won’t have a period to adjust to the different rotation. My experience has been that the difference is negligible, though.

Hello fin fans,

Are you guys concerned about our receiving Core being able to adjust to Tua’s passes coming in from the opposite rotation? Essentially the spiral is backwards for a lefty, and the ball comes spinning in differently.

DVP, Preston Williams, and Gesicki all showed chemistry with Fitz last year. I expect that some different names step up when Tua is called in. I think Albert Wilson should have nice chemistry with Tua.

Do you think this could be an issue for our
receiving core, or is this a non-issue? Also who do you expect to be Tua’s favorite targets. Any feedback would be cool. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!
The receivers on the Dolphins are professionals. Whether they are receiving passes from a right handed or left handed QB should not matter. Besides Tua is said to have one of the best balls to catch because he consistently hits the receiver in stride and he has great touch on his passes.
If they have trouble catching passes from Tua, I don’t see the being on the roster for very long.

If Gesicki and Preston improve while Parker stays course with last year. We have a good group. I know Albert Wilson is gonna be a weapon himself

Hello fin fans,

Are you guys concerned about our receiving Core being able to adjust to Tua’s passes coming in from the opposite rotation? Essentially the spiral is backwards for a lefty, and the ball comes spinning in differently.

DVP, Preston Williams, and Gesicki all showed chemistry with Fitz last year. I expect that some different names step up when Tua is called in. I think Albert Wilson should have nice chemistry with Tua.

Do you think this could be an issue for our
receiving core, or is this a non-issue? Also who do you expect to be Tua’s favorite targets. Any feedback would be cool. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

My senior year of high school we had to talented QBs. Coach usually had the starter play with the starters 2/3s of the practice and the backup (left-handed) the other third. I remember none of the receivers (I was one) having problems going from one QB to the other. Yeah, that was HS, but spin is spin.

Is Tua healthy??? I want see tua playing after November

I mean I guess it could be a little bit of an issue on day one of them working together. More just an odd change than anything.

Well, hey, if it makes it harder for receivers to catch then it should be harder for DBs to intercept as well! And they won’t have a period to adjust to the different rotation. My experience has been that the difference is negligible, though.
LOL. Exactly! The DBs should have even a tougher time so that mitigates any problem the receiving corps will have.

On the Karras topic, I assume we will be out of the gun most of the time anyways

For the receivers, there will be a short adjustment period but no different than there would be to a QB of a different height or arm angle than they are used to. I'm sure there was an adjustment from Tanny to Moore and from Fitz and to Rosen. They are pros, they'll get it worked out and make sure they see enough reps with Tua before he goes out there.

I also think its a very good question.
When I used to play beach frizbee, I was very good at catching a spinning disk and allowing it to spin on my finger. I was great at this and practiced spinning with control.
However, if the person throwing to me used the side arm release, thew disk would arrive spinning in the opposite direction. Counter clockwise. I could not corral/control it and allow it to spin on my finger tip. I could only catch it.

I know this is totally different, but none the less, the spinning disk had to be spinning clockwise for me to do anything fancy with it.
So spin direction was important for me.

Back
Top Bottom