Our Left Handed Quarterback’s Weapons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Left Handed Quarterback’s Weapons

cyesae

Active Roster
Reaction score
Hello fin fans,

Are you guys concerned about our receiving Core being able to adjust to Tua’s passes coming in from the opposite rotation? Essentially the spiral is backwards for a lefty, and the ball comes spinning in differently.

DVP, Preston Williams, and Gesicki all showed chemistry with Fitz last year. I expect that some different names step up when Tua is called in. I think Albert Wilson should have nice chemistry with Tua.

Do you think this could be an issue for our
receiving core, or is this a non-issue? Also who do you expect to be Tua’s favorite targets. Any feedback would be cool. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

I expect it to only be an issue on the oline. A) I don't know how serious the tackle issue is with a lefty QB and B) you have to wonder if the center is affected snapping the ball.

Are you guys concerned about our receiving Core being able to adjust to Tua’s passes coming in from the opposite rotation? Essentially the spiral is backwards for a lefty, and the ball comes spinning in differently.

Wow! Good point.

That might freak DVP out!

>>> very concerned! <<<

Hello fin fans,

DVP, Preston Williams, and Gesicki all showed chemistry with Fitz last year. I expect that some different names step up when Tua is called in. I think Albert Wilson should have nice chemistry with Tua.

Do you think this could be an issue for our
receiving core, or is this a non-issue? Also who do you expect to be Tua’s favorite targets. Any feedback would be cool. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!
I don't see Tua's throwing arm being an issue beyond a short transition period. Look at his Bama WR's, Steve Young's, or Vick's. Those guys all produced despite the opposite rotation.

Our top 4 receiving weapons are pretty set for now. Let's see who from the rest can step up into that 5th spot (or higher).

The health of Preston and Wilson will be a bigger determination if this is a solid core.

I don't think it will be an issue at all.

No idea who he will find the most chemistry with, but whoever wins the slot receiver position should see a lot of targets (and hopefully becomes a safety blanket for him a la Landry with Tannehill, Welker and Edelman with Brady, etc.)

The direction the ball spins makes no difference at all. I know it's just HS, but my my freshman and sophomore year we had a right handed QB, and my Jr. And Sr. Year we had a lefty. It made no difference whatsoever(when the ball was thrown accurately).

The direction the ball spins makes no difference at all. I know it's just HS, but my my freshman and sophomore year we had a right handed QB, and my Jr. And Sr. Year we had a lefty. It made no difference whatsoever(when the ball was thrown accurately).
I gotta disagree outlaw.

For me it was a real difference that took some getting used to. Shouldn't be a real issue for NFL WRs who practice with the guy though.

Either they adjust or they'll be gone lol

Can jugs machines even spin the ball the other way?

It’s a drastically overstated issue. It makes little to no difference to the receivers in terms of catching it. Just like a catcher in baseball. It’s a minor adjustment.

The line is the only group that really has to make a big adjustment.

Agreed with the no issue idea. I was a self taught and the difference is I caught the ball away from my body rather easily. The only difference I saw is that the ball can get in on you from a lefty relegating you to "corralling" the ball versus catching or snatching it. Minor difference but if you can catch, you can catch.

we need the upward trend of gesicki, williams and dvp to continue...all 3 really showed something last year...these 3 are big guys who can go up and get it and all 3 should get alot of looks in the endzone from a qb known for his accuracy.

im excited to see tua out there throwing to these guys

Back
Top Bottom