Our LT of the Future is in the Next Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our LT of the Future is in the Next Draft

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8418674

Like I've been saying. 4 tackles in next years draft and all are better then Barron was this year. Chances are this team is finishing 6-10 and should get a shot at this excellent class of LT's. Barring injury the phins will have thier LT next year. Not to mention one or 2 more guys could rise up the boards to make this a very deep tackle class.

agreed, the Tackle position will have atleast 3-4 1st round prospects..

I'd also like to see Vince Young in a Dolphins uniform.

miami_mi said:

Vince Young has become one of the most overrated players in college just because he ran all over Michigan. He couldn't put up big numbers with Williams,Johnson,and Thomas as his WRs and Benson in the backfield. Mobile QBs always run all over Michigan.

He's a great talent, but he's got to show me he can be a good QB or a WR before I could even see him wearing a Fins uni.

miami_mi said:

Yeah, but we alright drafted a running back in this years draft? Why do we need another? (Not that I'm biased or anything...:D )

But seriously, this guy is going to have to improve tremendously on his throwing accuracy and decision making. Over the last two years Young's completion percentage has only risen 1% (to 59% with only 250 attempts), his YPA dropped and his touchdown/interception ratio is basically even over the last two years.

All biased aside, the guy is a tremedous athlete and I have no doubts in my mind that he will be playing on Sunday's one day. But I don't think it's going to be as a QB. I think too many people over look his flaws in the passing game because he is so good with his legs. He's a talent alright but he's going to have to do a lot of work to be a QB in this league....and please, no one play the Mexico...I mean Vick card....

Any of these 4 guys should be first day starters. Just pray for no injuries and that these guys hold up for the season. We should be in range to get one of these guys. Hell I'd even promote trading up for someone like Ferguson.

miami_mi said:

I hope your not talking about the Vince Young from Texas!!!!!!!! My grandma can thorw better than that bum!!!!!!

Then let's draft Grandma!!!!

Really though, this is AJ's last shot. It's nice to know we do have a few draft picks next year. I'd even be willing to do a Mike Ditka like draft and send all our picks to get Matt Leinart. Leinart is going to be special.

miami_mi said:

Really though, this is AJ's last shot. It's nice to know we do have a few draft picks next year. I'd even be willing to do a Mike Ditka like draft and send all our picks to get Matt Leinart. Leinart is going to be special.

How about we focus on a need as of today. A.J. could turn out fine. LT we know at this moment is a problem.

miami_mi said:

IF Feeley doesn't come through this season, which I think he'll surprise alot of people, Whitehurst is the one I want. DEFINITELY NOT YOUNG, he's a VERY poor man's Vick, all legs no throw. As for Leinart, we won't be in a position to get him so I'm not concerned.

SpeedRush99 said:
IF Feeley doesn't come through this season, which I think he'll surprise alot of people, Whitehurst is the one I want. DEFINITELY NOT YOUNG, he's a VERY poor man's Vick, all legs no throw. As for Leinart, we won't be in a position to get him so I'm not concerned.

I'd still rather go for the LT first and 'maybe' trade up in the 2nd to get one of the late 1st/early 2nd type QB's. A good LT (and most tackles drafted that high turn out pretty well) can make a good QB look great by keeping the other teams best pass rusher at bay and giving that extra second or 2 to make that throw.

VanDolPhan said:
How about we focus on a need as of today. A.J. could turn out fine. LT we know at this moment is a problem.

IMO, everything is up in the air at this point. You never know what kind of effect Houck/Saban could have on these guys. Its much to early to be talking about needs in next year's draft.

miami_mi said:
I'd even be willing to do a Mike Ditka like draft and send all our picks to get Matt Leinart. Leinart is going to be special.

You may willing to do that, But its obvious from Saban's statements that he would never do anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom