Our new offensive line | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our new offensive line

I like all the picks on the o-line. Hunt went a little earlier then I would have liked, but I have also seen that he was very high on Baltimore's list...I hoped 54, but 39 is fine. Weirfs was Guard one, no one was great after...Hunt has the highest upside of the group after Weirfs. Jackson will play year one, he may struggle, but that kid has some sweet feet, you can coach the punch develop the body. I'd much rather take that upside over a lew ceiling prospect.

If we can agree all of this is opinion and based on history about 40% of it ends up being accurate— I can find plenty of “evaluators” who had:
Jackson OT#5
Hunt G#1
But what does it even mean. We shot 3 bullets at the OL. Hope it works.
I'm OK with the Jackson pick. I think he actually has a lot of potential. If he had played 1 more year and come out next year I would have in probably in that top tier of OT's, maybe not the top guy, but one of them. Given that we didn't trade up from 18--which was my suggested move pre-draft--we probably secured the best long-term prospect at OT in Jackson. It's just that he's not ready to play yet, so I"m not looking for his contribution until 2021.

I'm on record as disliking the Hunt the most out of this entire draft--and I was underwhelmed with our draft for the most part. Turner was another monster from a small school that didn't have technique, and never became an NFL starter. He looked like a monster against low level competition, and he had the physique, long arms, dominant in the run and pass, physical, tough, some power ... just never became a good technician. Part of that was that he never had to use technique against that level of competition. I fear Hunt will be a liability in pass protection. Given our heavy investment into a small (6'0) and injury-prone (5 surgeries in a short collegiate career) nature of our QB, we simply can't have the sort of OL's we paraded out farcically in front of Tannehill. Tua will not survive that. And ... Tua loves to extend plays, putting more pressure on the OL.

But you're right, we took three shots. Let's hope they work out. Or at least some of them.

Honestly, Solomon Kindley looks like the most solid bet to start as a rookie, and even that's iffy.

That video was cringey as ****. 90% of those plays were ties, they wanted to say someone won each snap. I think it was a solid performance from Austin Jackson. He got beat a couple times. Maybe in the NFL ball would've been out sooner or he would've had help. His LG didn't seem to help him out much. He was on an island all game.

Yes...and he was playing coming off the bone marrow transplant and he was really young...I like this pick more and more going forward.

Really high ceiling on a very young player with totally understandable mitigating circumstances in 2019.

Back
Top Bottom