Our O-Line....In your opinion are they where they need to be? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our O-Line....In your opinion are they where they need to be?

dolphinator86

You are TERMINATED!!
Reaction score
From what i have read and heard abotu our O-line from the opening days of camp they are extremely good in the running game. I read alot of 10 yard runs and big holes and ability to easily turn corners which makes me really excited. Big jake is developing and i think it makes a huge difference for him to be in camp (good job FO for getting him signed up early). Simley has moved back to LG where he belongs and Satele and Carey hold down and i think the open spot at RG will be sometign fun to watch unravel as the pre season goes on

But I am also reading that we are taking alot of sacks. Our line seems pourous aganist the pass how easily our rookie linemen and our LB core can at will get to QB. I am not there but is our D-line superior and really good or is there some misscommunications or is it poor play in the passing game. I know it takes time to gel as a unit and i think we will get there but at this point in time i think we are doing well. We def need to improve as all teams do i hope coach Sparano's O-line experinse can make it a fast transition.

So what are you thoughts, opinions, what do we need to do better and what do you think of Big Jake and the RG battle

I think this is best depth we have had in years. We are young and huge just the way my exwife liked me.

It's tough to tell at this point. I've heard some say that our D-line is our strength. We do have good players on the D-line. I also remember that when we drafted the O-linemen we have they were all know as run blockers. My gut feeling is the line will gell before the skill players do. It looks like Donald Thomas will be the final piece to pull things together. He still has to work on his pulling skills, but our veteran NT told the coaches, "#66. Yeah that guy's strong."

no, I think there's still too much mix-matching going on for the first unit to gel. It looked like Thomas was winning the battle at RG, but the depth chart has Darilek there, so I don't think they can be where they need to be yet.

Jake is going to be a great LT he might give up a couple sacks this year against super fast DE's but the running lanes ricky and ronnie are going to have are goign to be awsome! Should be fun to watch him pancake players left and right! I think Smiley and Thomas are the ones who have been giving up the sacks. Cause iv read Long has held his own. But i dont think our Dline is going to be anything great. I know Smiley has problems with pass protetion but hopefully Thomas can get better with some preseason games. SHould be fun to watch !

What I don't understand is why hasn't Parcells at least brought in LeCharles Bentley in for a workout? Could he be that out of shape than a lowround rookie or is Steve Mckinney that much better?

Now I'm hearing Darilek is penciled in as the starting "RG", wasn't that where Smiley was brought to man?

Does Sparano really want an OL starting "2" rookies?

If so, it better be because Thomas/Murphy are superstars...

a side note: what are they waiting for to add WR help via signing Terry Glenn?

Back
Top Bottom