Our Offensive Tackle Situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Offensive Tackle Situation

FinPhan54

Basement Dweller
Club Member
Reaction score
Right now on MiamiDolphins.com we have the following players listed at the tackle position:

Julién Davenport
Jesse Davis (listed as G/T)
Adam Pankey

That's it...

There's no way that this is what we roll with.

Here seem to be the options:

FA:

Jason Peters (37)
Demar Dotson (34)
Cordy Glenn (30)
Darryl Williams (27)
Germain Ifedi (25)

Draft:

If we are going to draft a tackle to start year 1, we need to move up and secure one of the top 4

Jedrick Wills, Alabama
Tristan Wirfs, Iowa
Mekhi Becton, Louisville
Andrew Thomas, Georgia
Josh Jones, Houston
Austin Jackson, USC
Isaiah Wilson, Georgia
Ezra Cleveland, Boise State
Lucas Niang, TCU
Prince Tega Wonogho, Auburn
Alex Taylor, SC State
Matt Peart, UConn
Jack Driscoll, Auburn
Trey Adams, Washington
Calvin Throckmorton, Oregon

IMO, no matter what we need to add at least 2 guys from this list in addition to one of the top 4 centers (Ruiz, Cushenberry, Biadasz, Hennessey)

Last edited:
I forgot Darryl Williams was still on market he’s had some injury issues and some inconsistent play, but it wasn’t too long ago he was looking like a legit quality RT. I feel like we need to get one of the big 4 Tackles. Thomas and Becton seem to fit the mold big physical run blockers. Ruiz is the only interior prospect I would draft round 1 (26). Ideally we land Thomas and Ruiz and give our rookie QB a shot at surviving

i think davenport and davis are the starters at tackle unless we hit it big with some rooks!

The only one of those that I would even consider would be Ifedi, and I wouldn't even do that unless 1) he came cheap and 2) we'd already missed our targets on draft weekend.

We WILL be drafting at least two Tackles in this draft, and a third Tackle late on the third day might be brought in to compete for the swing Tackle/developmental role.

Add Isaiah Wilson to your draft list. He's a higher rated prospect than many on your list. A couple of your guys won't play Tackle in the NFL. Poor feet will send them inside.

We need to get at least one of those vets in here asap. The line looks like complete shyt right now (what a surprise)
Can’t count on 2 rookies when we don’t even know what will be available. If we stay put with this crap line right now, we will be forced to reach or trade up and not draft bpa

I know that the (I hate to draft lineman) people will throw a tantrum is three of our first four picks are devoted to the line, but I won't be surprised if this is what we do.

...and I reject the idea that there is a definitive drop off after the first four. I'm not sure where this idea came from, but I entirely reject it.

If we draft Tua, the 2 best options Maybe Isaiah Wilson or Niang who are right tackles?

The only one of those that I would even consider would be Ifedi, and I wouldn't even do that unless 1) he came cheap and 2) we'd already missed our targets on draft weekend.

We WILL be drafting at least two Tackles in this draft, and a third Tackle late on the third day might be brought in to compete for the swing Tackle/developmental role.

Add Isaiah Wilson to your draft list. He's a higher rated prospect than many on your list. A couple of your guys won't play Tackle in the NFL. Poor feet will send them inside.

Isaiah Wilson will be a stud RT for many years!

Right now on MiamiDolphins.com we have the following players listed at the tackle position:

Julién Davenport
Adam Pankey

That's it...

FA:

Jason Peters (37)
Demar Dotson (34)
Cordy Glenn (30)
Darryl Williams (27)
Germain Ifedi (25)

Draft:

If we are going to draft a tackle to start year 1, we need to move up and secure one of the top 4

Jedrick Wills, Alabama
Tristan Wirfs, Iowa
Mekhi Becton, Louisville
Andrew Thomas, Georgia
Josh Jones, Houston
Austin Jackson, USC
Lucas Niang, TCU
Alex Taylor, SC State
Matt Peart, UConn
Jack Driscoll, Auburn
Trey Adams, Washington

IMO, no matter what we need to add at least 2 guys from this list in addition to one of the top 4 centers (Ruiz, Cushenberry, Biadasz, Hennessey)
I agree with that strategy. Draft two of the top tackles and, hopefully, Cushenberry.

I do like Austin Jackson potentially with that #18 pick, but trading up could be a possibility. Those top four tackles will fly off the board. Might have to move close to top 10.

Julién Davenport
Adam Pankey

That's it...

FA:

Jason Peters (37)
Demar Dotson (34)
Cordy Glenn (30)
Darryl Williams (27)
Germain Ifedi (25)

Draft:

Jedrick Wills, Alabama
Tristan Wirfs, Iowa
Mekhi Becton, Louisville
Andrew Thomas, Georgia
Josh Jones, Houston
Austin Jackson, USC
Lucas Niang, TCU
Alex Taylor, SC State
Matt Peart, UConn
Jack Driscoll, Auburn
Trey Adams, Washington

i would add kelvin beachaum to FA list ex jet [not that his great , but started for last few years ]
couple of others to develop from draft and maybe be a swing tackle to start off
are

Saahdiq Charles [has issue`s tho]
Hakeem Adeniji

Back
Top Bottom