Our Own Worse Enemy In Week One? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Own Worse Enemy In Week One?

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
We were our own worst enemy against Houston. Those batted passes and all really did allow them to win the game. I believe we had a chance, though slim, to making it a close game in the end if those plays did not occur.

We were holding on well enough until then. We beat ourselves (IMO).

Your thoughts?

That wasn't being our own worst enemy that was Houston being smart and getting their hands up at the LOS. Credit goes to Houston...and it was the difference in the game. They didn't have a sustained drive in that game...but neither did we. If those plays don't happen then it's probably a closer game but the offense didn't turn the ball over in the second half and we still couldn't score a TD. We would have had 2 or 3 more FGs.

JJ Watt batted two more passes this past week. We didnt really beat ourselves as much as you want to credit us for doing so. Its more a testament to Houston being so good.

We completely self imploded during those 6 minutes of the 2nd quarter in that Houston Game. We were playing very well up until then, and were hanging with the Texans.

After our meltdown it threw off our game-plan, which played into the Texans strengths, and we were ****ed.

Over the years, I can't count the number of times we shot ourselves in the foot, rather than a team taking it right to us. I was very pleased to hear Philbin post game speech. Players seemed to respond. Let's hope they can sustain the momentum.

Back
Top Bottom