Our perfect Trade Back from 18 overall: Titans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our perfect Trade Back from 18 overall: Titans

the Dolphins need to stay at 18 and draft the best player on the board at that time. The Dolphins history of trading back to get more picks has been fairly awful. The usually end up drafting a very mediocre player while losing out on more talented players.

As far as trading down from 18, no thank you.

^^ This.

MIA just won 10 games. Because they already have some solid talent and have a good head coach.

They don’t need to be in full rebuild mode anymore. They need to start adding some elite level talent, not more picks.

This is a draft to do it.

^^ This.

MIA just won 10 games. Because they already have some solid talent and have a good head coach.

They don’t need to be in full rebuild mode anymore. They need to start adding some elite level talent, not more picks.

This is a draft to do it.
We beat ONE TEAM with a winning record. We played close games against poor opponents. We could have easily been 8-8 if it wasn't for some amazing luck. We have holes all over the place and lack quality depth at others.

We NEED
RB
2 passcatchers
Center
Edge

Nice to have
OL (We're banking on 3 rookies taking a big step, one like won't)
OLB
FS

...and you only want 3 of those guys to be good? We're not 3 good players away from seriously competing with the top teams. I just don't see it.

Depends who's on the board at 18.

100%

There's a chance some serious talent is still on the board at 18. If so, i'm not budging without a ransom.

If the top talent is gone then absolutely consider it. This draft is deep R1-R3 so get more ammo and better value on edge/LB/OT in late 1 or Day 2.

Not to be a Captain Obvious, but teams draft boards differ. Different schemes, valuing different types of players etc.

Miami traded down and back up to six because they targeted a few players who they believe wouldn't make it to #12.

At #18, if there are five players you like and Tennessee makes an offer to move up from #22, you are guaranteed to get one of them. Make that trade.

But if someone unexpectedly falls, like Tunsil a few years back, make the pick and don't trade out. Maybe Parsons drops, or Waddle.

If it's a player who is too good to pass up, don't make the trade.

We beat ONE TEAM with a winning record. We played close games against poor opponents. We could have easily been 8-8 if it wasn't for some amazing luck. We have holes all over the place and lack quality depth at others.

We NEED
RB
2 passcatchers
Center
Edge

Nice to have
OL (We're banking on 3 rookies taking a big step, one like won't)
OLB
FS

...and you only want 3 of those guys to be good? We're not 3 good players away from seriously competing with the top teams. I just don't see it.

Excuses. You are what your record says you are.

I want more than 3-4 elite level talents. But I’ll be good with that from THIS draft. Because Rome isn’t built in a day.

If you’re lucky, you’ll get 2-3 out of a typical draft regardless how many picks you have. This draft is strong enough at the top that I’ll take my chances with 3-4 total picks for the right players.

I wouldnt bother trading back from 18 to 22 for just a 4th rounder. I was thinking more along the lines of a late 2nd

A couple of things here. Yes Tenn makes sense for more than one reason. the first thing you need to do in order to see which team could be a good trade partner is how many picks that team has. The Titans have 9 picks including two picks in the 3rd round(86 and 101) so they have the ammo to give us maybe #86 and they still would have 8 picks left.

And yes, they can use an OT and if Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw go top 17 which is very possible then they might want to come up rather than to wait for the 6th OT on the board.

Now of course all this depends on who's on the board at 18 that we might want. If they really want a RB in the first round(I doubt they do) then moving back to 22 would make sense cause all 3 top RB's would most likely be there.

I would be pleased with an early-to-mid 2nd and a 1st round pick in 2022 for #18.

Take edge and RB with two early 2nd round picks this year.

I am a big believer in continually setting yourself up in future drafts. Makes the off-season a whole lot more interesting as well.

Back
Top Bottom