Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Pick From Texans Could Be Top Three

Houston probably wins 7-9 games, unless watson got hurt I guess

Houston will be in the playoff race and you can book it. Deshaun Watson cures all.

there’s threads like this and reactions like yours every single season. The schedule doesn’t mean snot

You‘re just flat naive. Furthermore you and a few select others are falsely trying to rationalize dropping 7 wins over the loss of just one star player. You fail to recognize that HOU just wasn’t that good and overachieved. And now they also got worse. And didn’t backfill talent via the draft.

Then there’s the schedule.

Have fun swimming in a small pond this upcoming season. We’ll drop by periodically to remind you how silly you guys were in this thread.

Until then, as you were.

And people act like Cooks is a scrub all of a sudden. Cooks would easily be one of the best receivers in our conference not that it means much

Not disagreeing, but the influence of DH on the D helped Cooks. DH gone, now it's up to Cooks to be 'the man.' Can he do it as top dog. That's what I want to see. Not saying he can't but DH's influence is not just the stat line. Still, can't see HOU pick being top 10

You‘re just flat naive. Furthermore you and a few select others are falsely trying to rationalize dropping 7 wins over the loss of just one star player. You fail to recognize that HOU just wasn’t that good and overachieved. And now they also got worse. And didn’t backfill talent via the draft.

Have fun swimming in a small pond this upcoming season. We’ll drop by periodically to remind you how silly you guys were in this thread.

Until then, as you were.

deshaun

w a t s o n

Fin

Until then, as you were.

if your argument is that Houston will be devoid of talent and suck 2-3 years from now, sure. It’s certainly trending that way.

the schedule doesn’t matter in the NFL. It never breaks down the way it looks like it’s supposed to on paper. Never

the offense still has plenty of fire power, defense still has pieces. BOB gets no value out of any transactions he makes but his offense scores points.

as @Pachyderm_Wave has made tradition around here, put your money where your mouth is.

you think Houston wins no more than 3 games?

For sure. If we can land a top 3 pick next year we could collect a lot of future assets with trade downs. I think we will be in a much different position next year with our overall needs. We added so many new players this season because had to.

Next year we can hone in on our 3 or 4 biggest weakness while adding to the draft vault for future seasons. With the likely added investment in skill position guys it should be another exciting draft weekend.

The decision to start all over couldn’t look better right now.
Bingo

Can’t see top 3 with deshaun watson. He’s gonna have to stand on his head this year. Top 12 yeah I can see it

Dude Stop, stop, stop. Most of you were saying the same thing about them last year along with Pittsburgh after Big Ben went down. How did that turn out? The only way Houston finishes with less than 9 wins is if Watson goes down with an injury. and as a football purist, I don't want to see that.

Reactions: A1.
Dude Stop, stop, stop. Most of you were saying the same thing about them last year along with Pittsburgh after Big Ben went down. How did that turn out? The only way Houston finishes with less than 9 wins is if Watson goes down with an injury. and as a football purist, I don't want to see that.

Agreed about the injury thing, however there is a caveat to that. That franchise might be heading towards an ugly drama filled season if as expected they start off really slow. Bill O'Brien has been given unchecked power and that could all come to a crashing halt because Watson would win a power struggle if/when it comes down to it. The schedule makers certainly did us a favor by making them open up @KC, home for Baltimore and @PITT. 5 of their first 6 games are tough outside of the Jaguars game.

Watson is a fun guy to watch, seems likable. Certainly not going to wish him any harm. Do I want to see him screaming at BOB on the sidelines in early October? Hell ya.

Other than their game against Miami, I'd hope Deandre Hopkins lights it up in Arizona as well. Throw some extra gasoline on that fire. I'd like to see JJ Watt ask for a trade by week 6-7, if he's playing well.

There's no question I'll be rooting for Tennessee again this year but I especially hope Tannehill does us the big favor by adding two L's to Houston's record.

All that said, I believe it's unlikely we end up with a top 10 pick through Houston. I'm just hoping its high enough to land us Creed Humphrey.

If we get a top 3 pick I will take off all my clothes and run up and down the streets yelling “We robbed you!! We robbed you!!”

Until then, as you were.

Houston always overachieves. They've won with Brock Osweiler, Tom Savage, Brian Hoyer, and Ryan Mallet.

Back
Top Bottom